The is it, or isn't it (92) Explosif

Markybeau

Gold Trader
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
On my ever growing list of unfinished projects is this. Something I've decided I'm going to ride the Trans Pennine Trail coast to coast on, later in the year.

I got it from @sparkybhp. I love the paint and couldn't give a monkey's about it having the wrong decals. This I'm looking forward to riding, as I've never ridden an Explosif before.

So far, what's attached is only offered up to see how it looks, and whether I'm moving in the right direction... Bullshit aside, it's what I have and I'm bolting it on. A hodge podge of components.

I'm not thrilled about the brakes. I have a couple of sets of cantis, but I prefer v brakes and the feeling that I'm actually stopping when I want to. There are a set of Arch Rival's in a drawer, but in a @d8mok kind of way, I seem to put the same stuff on everything, and for no other reason I fancy a change. Although it's far from radical...

Everything is budget led. There are no indulgences, unless another frame turns up, like this did, funds are diluted, and I start on another project... and so it goes.

The AT4's desperately need to be repainted, for sure.

I still need a couple of bits, such as a seat clamp, and a stiffer skateboard elastomer for the flexstem. Everything else I think I have. Screenshot_20230404_112330_Gallery.jpg
The RSP is on the other side of the room sulking, and is still unfinished, as my short attention span is on this instead.

There are eyelets... I may add a rack...

Loved the paint on this.

I may have a seatclamp you can have, will have a rummage this week.

Those AT4 bars can look ugly on the wrong bike but they’re fab. More practical than the AT4 Pro’s too

Looking good so far Mark, loving the spirit of your build too. This frame sat in my loft for far too long - glad it’s getting some use and some love.
Looking forward to hearing how you get on with the coast to coast ride too.
👍

Latest posts

Back