the "i shouldnt of done this" bike - the yellow peril

Bpool77":svicppfj said:
Just use the KTM :LOL:
i would but its failed MOT twice now and i cant find anyone that will insure it for a reasonable price :facepalm: plus the KTM makes me want to wheelie everywhere and the moped doesnt. even if it could get the front wheel up i wouldnt want to :facepalm: :LOL:

Got a phone call off the police this morning.
Theyre not investigating any further, they tried to call the phone number I was given, last night and a woman answered, as soon as they explained why they were calling she hung up. because they cant get anymore details and the phone isn't registered in someones name they cant do anything else. unless good evidence such as cctv footage pops up or a witness who took the number plate down gets in touch with them then nothing will be done. selling my moped to buy a new bike that's actually half decent.

would be if I had the car to go and get it, had to get rid when I got this job I got now, couldn't afford to keep it all legit so sold the car and got a moped :facepalm: will deffinately post pics of my next one.

raleighrider21":2ch4v64e said:
would be if I had the car to go and get it, had to get rid when I got this job I got now, couldn't afford to keep it all legit so sold the car and got a moped :facepalm: will deffinately post pics of my next one.

You know that Micra you had, could you have afforded to keep that running?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 1#p2053761

In a short space of time, have you ended up with nothing, by, um, er, trying to fly too close to the sun, or could you have afforded to make do and keep the Micra?

Neil":zptouhin said:
raleighrider21":zptouhin said:

In a short space of time, have you ended up with nothing, by, um, er, trying to fly too close to the sun, or could you have afforded to make do and keep the Micra?
I had a temporary issue with money due to my previous employer being arses about paying me for the extra hours that I did and they had originally agreed to pay me for, for the same cost of insuring the car for a month I bought and insured a second hand moped which has saved me money. getting rid of the micra was not a bad decision as the issue with it not starting would of cost me more to repair than it was worth and would of cost me more than the focus did. i have not ended up with nothing, far from it, by doing what i have done i have actually put myself into a better financial situation than i would have been before. which means i can now afford to go out and buy a really nice car instead of a banger like the focus.
i wasn't trying to fly to close to the sun as you put it i was doing what i thought was best at that time by buying a sensible car that had the space that i needed at the time.

raleighrider21":24ry263u said:
Neil":24ry263u said:
raleighrider21":24ry263u said:

I had a temporary issue with money due to my previous employer being arses about paying me for the extra hours that I did and they had originally agreed to pay me for, for the same cost of insuring the car for a month I bought and insured a second hand moped which has saved me money. getting rid of the micra was not a bad decision as the issue with it not starting would of cost me more to repair than it was worth and would of cost me more than the focus did. i have not ended up with nothing, far from it, by doing what i have done i have actually put myself into a better financial situation than i would have been before. which means i can now afford to go out and buy a really nice car instead of a banger like the focus.
i wasn't trying to fly to close to the sun as you put it i was doing what i thought was best at that time by buying a sensible car that had the space that i needed at the time.

Why would it have cost you so much to fix the Micra - after all, don't you do a lot of the spanner work yourself?

I think you're kidding yourself - had you kept the Micra, you may not have had a better car, or more room, but you probably would still have a car. Spending loads on cars is all fine and dandy if you've got loads to spend on a car. But if "upgrading" means within weeks you've got to get rid, well it probably was too much of a jump up the ladder in the first place.

As I said in my post I linked to, in the past, a lot more people just made do. But what you've found is you've spent more on a different car, presumably had to pay a fair bit more to insure it, then within a very short space of time got rid because you couldn't afford it. So yes, had you kept the Micra, you may have had to fix something, but I think you're overegging the costs. You may not have had quite a much room as you would have ideally liked, but you'd likely still have a car for those school runs that were apparently so important you needed a bigger car. They must be really challenging on a moped.

All I'm trying to point out is there's no sense running before you can walk - if spending loads, then getting rid the next month is having to happen, it's too rich for your blood, in which case, you'd be better of doing what people did in previous times, before everybody had to have everything yesterday - make do.

Back