The Cannock Turkey Twizzler ~ 27/12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try hard to make this one- Just need to sort a bike out!

Its about time I made it to an event. :oops:

(Good excuse to escape from the extended family for a bit too!)

I'll be coming up along with Uncle Monty all being well. Trying to get another guy along who we used to ride with back in the 90's. He's still got his early Salsa jelly bean but just needs to breath new life into the Mag 21's.

legrandefromage":3j1zeszi said:
I am now officially 'on call' for work so may have to jib out halfway round if my phone rings.

Brain surgeons are never off duty 'eh LGF.

I'm still hoping to make it. I might convert my touring Saracen, (1990 Kili Flier Comp) to off road and give it a whirl for old times sake.

On a more scrounging note! I'm looking for two BMX front wheels for a trailer project I am going to do. I want to make one from a pile of steel and a welder. Thread to follow if I can find some low cost wheels.

Mmmm. Dunno, I was going to come along. However, I've just been out on the road and done 22 very painful and slow miles. I was beaten by my Garmin man, slaughtered by a chain gang that didn't look to be trying and ended up catching a pair of 70 somethings (nice clean Galaxy and the only other downtube shifters I saw today) and doing a three up with them. I struggled to come through.

I'm not sure if it is fair on everyone else going. The above was the first time I have been on any bike since June.

I went over Saturday , and its a bit wet and muddy but a lot of bloody fun :D hoping for a dry day for Friday and if it rains a bit less between most of it should drain off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back