That one bike you'll probably never own but would die for

Compared with other collectibles, bikes are still relatively cheap. If one really wanted to acquire "The Holy Grail" then all it takes is a few thousand dollars.

But back to the question: I would love to have one of these, though maybe a little less color. (Apologies to First Flight for swiping their photo)

Attachments

• ValkyrieSide.JPG
    ValkyrieSide.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 700
Re:

Mine doesn't exist but if it did I'd have a Scott Bengtson welded Fat Chance Ti race bike in M/L with custom graphics by Leni Fried and signed by Chris Chance or a Harlequin Team Race bike Yo with basically the same combo.

Obviously I've no hope of owning Palmer's factory Intense M1 and it would have DHOs rather than works Boxxers, but definitely an early M1-SL with a proper period DH build. In '95-96 when the monocoque M1s came into their own they were like something from outer space compared to the flexy, floppy, wimpy efforts at DH bikes most companies were building.

79e2449e9f84a7d0fd13fe9724b02375.jpg

And this in the headphones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EumTOkfEL0I

I think mine would have to be either Steve Peats championship winning Kona Hei Hei that he keeps up in his loft or Dave Yates' prototype Vulcan. Think i'd die if they said i could look after those for them :D

Gotta be a gen 1 San Andreas with pro stops, suspenders and m900. I know they're about, but totally original?... yum.

My other was a lotus monocoque, and I got one last year!

I've always been drawn to a Beez Neez in the stunning yellow/black colourway.

My_Teenage_Self":1axm6eh1 said:
Gotta be a gen 1 San Andreas with pro stops, suspenders and m900. I know they're about, but totally original?... yum.

Pretty close to original :cool:

Attachments

• Inside_Cover_Advert_MBA.jpg
    Inside_Cover_Advert_MBA.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 617
  • SanAndreas 011sm.JPG
    SanAndreas 011sm.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 617
pace's sub 20lb purple rc200 they built, aint seen it since the mag test, probobly stripped....or snapped haha. would love to build a similar one. That and the DPD ;)

A quite humble Claud Butler Antaeus 653 in man size - I know of two - one on the site and one near me but they are both teeny tiny.

Back