TdF 2017 chit-chat

Re:

G was great on day 1 and he really deserves the maillot jaune. I feel sorry for Valverde - his crash looked horrible. Kittel looking strong on day 2 and then Sagan's exhibition today - only he could pull that off.
Can't wait to see how it all unfolds over the next couple of weeks.

Re:

Stage 4: Ned and Chris – the left sock and right sock. Ned with his fascinating historical facts about Roman viaducts and France being previously split and annexed, Chris tech talking about Sky's wind management bobbles. A great double act – love 'em!

Re:

Yeah, that's on purpose alright.

Such a shame. Not that he's disqualified, that he actually resorted to such lowly tactics and endangered a fellow cyclist.
That's a good way to give someone a career-ending injury ... or worse.

Re:

Gutted for Cavendish – he didn't need that elbow – bad stack and injury on a recovering bad injury. Disappointed with Sagan as I thought he was cool – the overhead shots clearly show why he was deserving of disqualification. From World Champ to chump.

Re:

No way is that justified. Penalty for sure but disqualification reeks of stinky brie politics and inconsistent application of the rules. I'm firmly in Boardman's camp (his view).

Bad news all round for us as fans and le tour as a result.

Re: Re:

al-onestare":1o7t0tt9 said:
No way is that justified. Penalty for sure but disqualification reeks of stinky brie politics and inconsistent application of the rules. I'm firmly in Boardman's camp (his view).

Bad news all round for us as fans and le tour as a result.

The first penalty was pretty harsh anyway 30 seconds deducted and -80 points from the green jersey....probably enough to prevent him from retaining it again, for "going off line" which is exactly what the stage winner did nearly taking out another rider but received no penalty or warning for his actions ? :\

Sagan isn't a dirty rider. I don't think that was a dirty or deliberate move, just defending himself in the heat of battle. Possible he had just had a tangle with Greipel on his left that set him moving right.
Shame it now looks like both Sagan and Cav will be out! :-(

Re:

Yeah, a little heavy handed.

Shame that two great characters are out already.

Back