Syncros powerlite forks 1" Steerer.

Dandee

Retro Newbie
Hello there, I'm selling a set of Syncros powerlite forks and other Syncros parts on eBay U.K at the moment 7 days left and not much interest.

Hello Dandee

I'm looking to bid on your listing on Fleabay - however, how much are you looking for them?

The seatpost is broken, so not a lot of use, at 180mm that stem is not going to show much interest at all, as it's so long! It's really all about the forks. Feel free to DM if you like, and for ONCE, I might just be first in the queue with dibs on something?!?!

Such a Shame, that the steerer tube has been removed and replaced in the past too. They would be perfect for me if not for that.

GLWS

Such a Shame, that the steerer tube has been removed and replaced in the past too. They would be perfect for me if not for that.

GLWS
How can you tell?

I'm assuming, now that you've said that, that this is why there is a bolt through the crown (to hold the steerer tube in place) as the interference fit isn't as 'interference' as it should be?

Its been bolted front and back, and as good as it may be, its an old part as it is, and with issues I've had in the past, this can pass on by.

Its been bolted front and back, and as good as it may be, its an old part as it is, and with issues I've had in the past, this can pass on by.

What issues have you had in the past?

I stupidly asked Splitty - a member on here - to press-fit a new [longer] 1" steerer into my Syncros forks that I'd had made by Winston Vaz. He failed miserably and simply sent me back a box of bits. He decided not to "charge me" for his failed attempts and completely ballsing up my forks though... small mercies I guess?

I had a set of T2s that sent a leg through the crown, a pair of syncros with a badly changed steerer, bolt snapped or failed should i say and cracked the alloy crown, i just avoid now. All good i guess if its been bonded and then bolted, or done properly, but i suppose most use them for garage queens anyway.

Last edited:
I had a set of T2s that sent a leg through the crown, a pair of syncros with a badly changed steerer, bolt snapped or failed should i say and cracked the alloy crown, i just avoid now. All good i guess if its been bonded and then bolted, or done properly, but i suppose most use them for garage queens anyway.

Call me foolish, but I'd really like to use them on a build and on the rough stuff...

However, I'm having second thoughts about this pair now. I did message the OP, but he hasn't replied, so I guess these are examples to pass on particularly if the seatpost is anything to go by!

It's easy to get caught up in what they used to be, rather than looking at them as closely as we should.

Latest posts

Back