SYNCROS Powerlite Rigid Fork - Show some love! And show us yours!

I usually don’t argue with people who feel the need to address me in a silly way, but hey, since you directly asked me what my point is on something so blatantly obvious, it feels like you struggle in general with these kind of things and could use some help.

Yes, these forks are rare, not many made and they look the bomb. They exchange hands not very often. Which means it is hard to put a price tag on them. And because of their relative rarity, plenty of chancers putting in a very high asking price. Which 800 euro is. I haven’t seen them go for that price though.

Hey, I don’t mind your attempt to impose forced inflation on Powerlites, do whatever. I have a few sets myself. But please back these claims with some evidence we all can verify.

Personally, I think these Powerlites will follow the DiskDrive path. They are timeless pieces and prices have only gone up. Making them rarer and rarer.

By the way, last one sold in the US went for $406 two months ago. Here it is.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Well "smarty" ;-) : Last 2 Powerlite forks at eBay Kleinanzeigen were ASKED 550 and 600 and WENT for 550 and 600. (I know the buyers). And I know one of the two sellers.

Last one at eBay US was ASKED 600 dollars and was SOLD for 600 dollars and found a buyer right away. You can still find it in the completed listings.

I am too deep down in the whole SYNCROS world, believe me. So ...what exactly is your point here? :) :) :)

@Spankyfart

Well, if you guys ever see someone again selling his for about 300,00 Euros / dollars, simply let me know! I am happy to buy all of them in a heartbeat in that price-range. Thank you :)
His point is that your friend may want £800, but that’s maybe not what they are going for at the moment(maybe in a few years it will) but something is worth what the buyer will pay for it. And for someone like you, who obviously has a lot more money than the rest of us judging by the sheer amount of xtr cable sets and Syncros kit you have stashed away, you can buy them in a heartbeat. Making them harder to get and rarer to everyone else.

Personally I think the going rate of Syncros forks are around the £600 mark for good condition. But that’s just me :)

Thats what I said Mod-Master. But he just didnt get it and just continued to keep on babbling about this and that.

I was temped to rip apart his whole comment sentence by sentence and answer and refute - but I decided it simply not worth it!

I literally said: They were ASKED a certain amount and SOLD for exactly that amount! And they were NOT asked lets say 800 but then sold for 400 (which seller and buyer agreed upon). No, sir!!! They didnt!

After 25 years of ebay with more than 15.000 feedback and more than 730 active local national sales ads at the moment, I am totally aware of all that. I could write a book by now about that whole eBay universe. Dont worry.

He simply didnt get what I wrote. Or simply ignored it and kept ranting in his own bubble! No problem ... go ahead!
You are correct Mod-Master! The GOING (and asking) rate was at 600 Euros (last summer). But wow, there was one at eBay US sold for 400 recently. Taking ONE exception and making it any "rule" is beyond pre-school argumentation! Laughable!

A great deal! But NOT the common price at the moment. Hell no! MAYBE in the US. But rare mountainbike parts US vs. Europe is again a whole different story! Two completely different planets!

Yeti frames US: 1.500 dollars - EU: 2.600 Euros!
Mountain cycle frames: US: 1.000 dollars - EU: 2.000 Euros!
KLEIN Aroit fuselages US: 1.800 dollars - EU: 4.000 Euros!

Dont worry, I know all the names and buyers. Its insane! They are insane. And they do not hesitate to buy their 5th although they already have 4 almost NOS ones in their shed or shelfes!

All I can say is: After I first published my Powerlites here in this forum I received 800 Euros offer INSTANTLY by 2 members. But no, I refused! I need them on my MERLIN and my MARIN titaniums.

Again: Awesome, fine! If you find Powerlites for 300 / 400 Euros. Let me know immediately. I will buy them all. Thank You!

And have a great day!

I knew there was nothing left from your side. Empty. Hot air - that was all ... Cheers mate! Fair enough. Have a great week :-D

Thats what I said Mod-Master. But he just didnt get it and just continued to keep on babbling about this and that.

I was temped to rip apart his whole comment sentence by sentence and answer and refute - but I decided it simply not worth it!

I literally said: They were ASKED a certain amount and SOLD for exactly that amount! And they were NOT asked lets say 800 but then sold for 400 (which seller and buyer agreed upon). No, sir!!! They didnt!

After 25 years of ebay with more than 15.000 feedback and more than 730 active local national sales ads at the moment, I am totally aware of all that. I could write a book by now about that whole eBay universe. Dont worry.

He simply didnt get what I wrote. Or simply ignored it and kept ranting in his own bubble! No problem ... go ahead!
You are correct Mod-Master! The GOING (and asking) rate was at 600 Euros (last summer). But wow, there was one at eBay US sold for 400 recently. Taking ONE exception and making it any "rule" is beyond pre-school argumentation! Laughable!

A great deal! But NOT the common price at the moment. Hell no! MAYBE in the US. But rare mountainbike parts US vs. Europe is again a whole different story! Two completely different planets!

Yeti frames US: 1.500 dollars - EU: 2.600 Euros!
Mountain cycle frames: US: 1.000 dollars - EU: 2.000 Euros!
KLEIN Aroit fuselages US: 1.800 dollars - EU: 4.000 Euros!

Dont worry, I know all the names and buyers. Its insane! They are insane. And they do not hesitate to buy their 5th although they already have 4 almost NOS ones in their shed or shelfes!

All I can say is: After I first published my Powerlites here in this forum I received 800 Euros offer INSTANTLY by 2 members. But no, I refused! I need them on my MERLIN and my MARIN titaniums.

Again: Awesome, fine! If you find Powerlites for 300 / 400 Euros. Let me know immediately. I will buy them all. Thank You!

And have a great day!

Do you sell your autographs on your eBay shop?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
well it is a Powerlite appreciation thread and there aren’t many about! I don’t imagine you will have much trouble selling yours!

Back