Syncros powerlite

Everybody still loking for a SYNCROS Powerlite fork PM me ...I will be letting go of 2 (!) forks of my collection! Ye, I know, it will be big bucks - but if its gone, its gone and you have possibly been too hesitant or too slow.
Is either of them 1"? @rjsdavis is looking for one.

You will find steerer extension that here from post #37 onwards:

is it possible to extract the steerer from the crown? i have this powerlite fork for my rocky mountain project and it is too long for my head tube. is there any safe way/tutorial to remove the steerer?

Hi!

Yes of course. It can be pressed and/or hammered out from beneath. A new shaft can then be pressed back in. It needs to be pressed back in so it sits really tight in there - how its supposed to be and originally was - with the correct diameter.

Another chance is to simply cut your existing steerer to the correct size and have the thread re-cut completely or simply extended. Its no biggie at all ...

Hi!

Yes of course. It can be pressed and/or hammered out from beneath. A new shaft can then be pressed back in. It needs to be pressed back in so it sits really tight in there - how its supposed to be and originally was - with the correct diameter.

Another chance is to simply cut your existing steerer to the correct size and have the thread re-cut completely or simply extended. Its no biggie at all ..
Thanks a lot 🙌, Soo my plan was to heat the crown and hammer it. Is it a good idea or a disaster? And to put it back in to the crown, is it necessarily to press it back in? i have difficulty in the way of pressing the steerer back in.

Question is: Why do you want to take it out if it is too LONG (!).

isnt there the chance to simply cut it to the correct size? There maybe is no need at all to replace it fully.

Question is: Why do you want to take it out if it is too LONG (!).

isnt there the chance to simply cut it to the correct size? There maybe is no need at all to replace it fully.
Yeah, I don't know what works best because if I cut it, my LBS is limited in threaded tube die cut. And my reason to take out out is to cut the bottom part of the steerer (if the steerer just plain straight tube) so no need to cut a new thread (it was +-7cm too long from the headset nut) and I have 20cm long steerer.

well you can do that, yes ... still simply extending the thread on the existing steerer is the best way to go.

Latest posts

Back