Syncros powerlite

vincenth

Retro Guru
Today I stumbled upon a syncros powerlite (1 1/8 136mm) fork but the steerer is too short.
I checked the removable crown of a rond wp fork but those legs are about 1 mm smaller in diameter then the syncros legs.
I know I could extend the steerer tube but thats more of a last resort option.
Is there any way to replace the steerer?
Also if anyones interested I would trade for a longer (~155) crown or for a 1 1/8 answer accutrax.

Tell me your plan IF you were to extend the steerer tube…. Good luck with the fitment.

Tell me your plan IF you were to extend the steerer tube…. Good luck with the fitment.
A friend of mine has done this bedore: cut the original steerer, machine a sleeve that fits inside, slide another steerer tube over, weld the pieces together and then smokthen out the welds.
Maybe not esacrly like this but this is how I understood he would do it.

A friend of mine has done this bedore: cut the original steerer, machine a sleeve that fits inside, slide another steerer tube over, weld the pieces together and then smokthen out the welds.
Maybe not esacrly like this but this is how I understood he would do it.

Is was wondering if you knew of a simple solution like a threaded sleeve that fits on and then tapers back to threaded upper, essentially lengthening the tube.

I weld and extend those. I have 4 Powerlites and 2, I extended with a machined shim. Was no big deal.

Attachments

• 0AF9D105-ED0D-4550-B3EA-9CBBDE0CD728.jpeg
    0AF9D105-ED0D-4550-B3EA-9CBBDE0CD728.jpeg
    504.3 KB · Views: 30
Everybody still loking for a SYNCROS Powerlite fork PM me ...I will be letting go of 2 (!) forks of my collection! Ye, I know, it will be big bucks - but if its gone, its gone and you have possibly been too hesitant or too slow.

Back