Sweaty Bawbags - Saturday August 27th Dunkeld

Sorry lads, Jack and I won’t make this one 😔. We need to lie under his Volvo and get it ready for it’s mot. Hope to see you all next time 👍.

Looks like I might be able to make this one, and bringing Allan along too.

What is the route plan? He's planning on riding full retro, but I'm probably going to bring the Cotic

@Davedownhill

Up round Loch Ordie via whatever route suits my whim on the day. No set route, depends on company, weather, ground conditions and how big a prick I feel like being. 😅

Joking aside, I know the trails pretty well and am not going to take anyone down anything out with their bike’s capabilities.
Most technical part is the cliff trail but that’s more due to exposure and consequence of getting it wrong rather than big features. Not compulsory either, it’s right at the end and anyone not wanting to go up can carry on the track back to the car park. It’s perfectly fine on a retro bike though.

There are other techy options as well depending on how everyone feels.

Perfect- He's totally capable of riding- He's a local and has built a couple of trails there himself. Just determined to bring his retro! He has said he'll duck out if it gets too technical for the old bike, he's got to head to Pitlochry later on anyway

Sounds like he’ll probably out ride the rest of us. My plan is to add an enduro trail after the main ride if I’ve time before I have to head home. About an hours loop and anyone is welcome to join me.

Sorry lads I'm no coming along. Too knackered, ill again etc etc.
My M. E. is playing up a lot this past week, I have not been planning my life well and have pushed myself too hard, need to chill😕

Badly, my chronic illness is playing up these days, frequently too knackered and weak to do much else than 14 hours of weekly work then sleeping 😕
Breathless as I am typing this but no cure for chronic fatigue only Pacing self management regime. I have been doing too much in a given week, need to accept less active life😕
I will still cycle on/off road when energy available but cannot be a reliable attender of meets which really pee's me off as cycling with you guys is one of life's highlights 😉
Thanks for your concern Clubby, keep on pedalling, it's good for the soul😊

How was the ride? I take it no one took a dive off the cliff or I'd have seen something on the news 😆

Back