Sweaty Bawbags - Saturday August 27th Dunkeld

Was good. Never did the usual cliff trail this year. Everyone had modern bikes, so we did some enduro trails led by DaveDH’s friend Allan. He’s local and has built a number of trails.
They left a bit early and Keith and I finished on the Real Caves Trail, after a mammoth push of Perverts Climb. Trails running really nicely after the recent rain. Hoping to get back before winter comes.

How are you @jimo746 ? Not seen much if you on Strava, still getting out?

Ah cool, I've not done some of those trails, will have to get to Dunkeld again at some point.
I'm still getting out a couple of times a week on one bike or the other, actually thinned the herd to just 3 bikes now!! Will see how long it stays like that 😅. Have been busy with family stuff, a change in jobs, and Covid knocked the crap out of me for some time afterwards, plus the storms earlier in the year decimated quite a few local riding places, some like Kirkhill are still not officially open yet.
I've purposely not been recording any rides/Strava etc this year, I'm having a year off trying to ride my bike as much as I can, I used to actually get quite annoyed if I couldn't get out on my bike for a day or two 😅 so I'm not interested in speed, mileage, or segment times just now, it's quite refreshing just going out and riding, no real plans on what/where to ride, just see what the day brings.

Back