Swap? Mid-90's Dawes Galaxy

Pyro

Dirt Disciple
Hello all. Slightly odd and long-winded post, so please bear with me.

Some neighbours of mine moved out recently, and during their clear-out said to me "have you got any use for an old road bike?" Being in search of a commuter, I said yes and they said they'd bring it round for me. They didn't want payment, just rid of it.

Thinking it would be some clapped out ancient BSO, I was more than pleasantly surprised when they turned up at the door with a very well maintained, still in perfect working order, perfectly rideable then-and-there mid-90's Dawes Galaxy. Having mentally planned for it to need a complete overhaul, I was at a loss when all it needed was the cones tightened and a bit of air in the hardly-worn tyres. It really was in great nick for it's age, and they wanted nowt for it!

There is just one minor problem: it's a 57-58cm frame, and I'm only 5'9".

Haven't got fulL spec to hand right now, but can update spec and pics over the weekend if there's any interest. There's some STX/RC on there, WTB wheels iirc, Vetta saddle and a Tubus rear rack. Makes my road commute much nicer, but I feel like I'm stretched out on a rack while riding it.

In light of all of the above, does anyone want to swap a similar age / condition tourer or winter trainer roadie in a 52 or 54 frame? I realise out's a long shot, but you never know!

Back