Superb leather saddle repair kit that actually works!!!!!!!!

My_Teenage_Self":z9pfqepv said:
Discount10 got me 10% off, and I suspect it doesn't change very often.

Top man

Soooo.... whaddya reckon can be done with this?

Those are the photos taken by the seller (Cheers Mat!). it's clear through to leather in a few places.

Attachments

• Yellow flite1.jpeg
    Yellow flite1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 605
  • Yellow flite2 .jpg
    Yellow flite2 .jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 605
I think that’s likely to come up an absolute treat... it’s the ones with the great big chunks chewed out of them that I think are a bit beyond saving.

Isn’t that the same one?

Cracking job if it is...

But if not, yes, I’m sure you can.. it really isn’t rocket science.... I look forward to seeing it progress

Peachy!":1tch0z8f said:
Isn’t that the same one?

Yup. Good eyes that man!

it needed a LOT of layering to stop it being patchy. I've done a little bit of leather work before, so knew it might not work; light colours & leather are not a happy mix. I ended up using 3/4 of the bottle of pigment, with quite a lot of layer sanding. With 4 coats of sealant.

Watering the pigment down a little helped massively with getting the layers flat, and brushing gave better results than a sponge in the end. The leather prep in the kit is just surgical spirit (probably) and I thought most of the rest of the stuff in the kit was a bit of a token effort... But, the pigment and top coats are really excellent. I ended up going for the satin finish too.

Huge thanks to peachy for spotting this - it's not cheap, but really does work.

FYI, after a few coats I gave the finish a bit of a torture test (without sealant). It's damn tough. unless I used chemicals I couldn't get any of the yellow to rub off on anything. With sealant, I suspect this is going to last a LONG time.

Finally, don't spill the dye on your lounge carpet. Even if you try to clean it off straight away, your partner WILL notice and insist on banning bike stuff from the house. Dammit.

My_Teenage_Self":3ubzzrkc said:
Peachy!":3ubzzrkc said:
Isn’t that the same one?

Yup. Good eyes that man!

it needed a LOT of layering to stop it being patchy. I've done a little bit of leather work before, so knew it might not work; light colours & leather are not a happy mix. I ended up using 3/4 of the bottle of pigment, with quite a lot of layer sanding. With 4 coats of sealant.

Watering the pigment down a little helped massively with getting the layers flat, and brushing gave better results than a sponge in the end. The leather prep in the kit is just surgical spirit (probably) and I thought most of the rest of the stuff in the kit was a bit of a token effort... But, the pigment and top coats are really excellent. I ended up going for the satin finish too.

Huge thanks to peachy for spotting this - it's not cheap, but really does work.

FYI, after a few coats I gave the finish a bit of a torture test (without sealant). It's damn tough. unless I used chemicals I couldn't get any of the yellow to rub off on anything. With sealant, I suspect this is going to last a LONG time.

Finally, don't spill the dye on your lounge carpet. Even if you try to clean it off straight away, your partner WILL notice and insist on banning bike stuff from the house. Dammit.

Superb... I did wonder if the coloured versions might need a little more TLC than the black..

As for the spill... rookie mistake my friend.. :facepalm:

Awesome results

Any idea if this would work on a white Flite as mine has areas where the colour is wearing thin

I don't see why it wouldn't, but be prepared to do many layers. Yellow is a notoriously bad colour for showing through, white, not much better...

Latest posts

Back