Superb leather saddle repair kit that actually works!!!!!!!!

Re: Re:

yakboy":1102hb7x said:
Ooo that's a bit of Black Magic that is.....burn him at the stake :shock:

Seriously impressive though Peachy

:LOL: :D

Re:

wow! result! will be interested to see how it stands up to riding - will it wear off after a few miles, or last several thousand more?

Re: Re:

dyna-ti":7ytbflxx said:
Bumtastic job you did there :D Looks like new.

Captain Stupido":7ytbflxx said:
bloody hell!

Cheers gents...

foz":7ytbflxx said:
wow! result! will be interested to see how it stands up to riding - will it wear off after a few miles, or last several thousand more?

Well it’s bolted onto it’s new home, my Y-Trek so hopefully we’ll know within a few months how it’s faired, I’m not worried about the colour fastness as I’ve used this process on a few saddles now that have all held up well, I’m more interested to see how robust the glue & filler are.

MR OX":7ytbflxx said:
Wow that's properly bonkers!

Yarp! :cool:

The History Man":1flpcaog said:
So how much does it work out at per saddle?

Lovely work.

Well this kit plus a few extras (glue, filler etc) cost about £40. I’ve refinished 6 saddles and probably enough dye for about 4 more.

So arguably £4 each

But there’s quite a few hours work in them.

I wouldn’t suggest for a moment that you could make any money doing this, there’s just not enough meat on the bone between a rough but un-cut saddle and a VGC, because tbh, these photos look great, but 5 minutes in your hand and you’d know these aren’t NOS by a long chalk

There is another company that does similar products called Furniture Clinic.

I have restored a few seats with their products.

I also did a full interior of a Mk2 Scirocco storm from knackered and ripped darl blue to spanking light grey, including the door cards and dash. Looked awesome after :)

Back