Superb leather saddle repair kit that actually works!!!!!!!!

Peachy!

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
Got chatting to an old work colleague the other day, he’s into restoring cars… anyway we started comparing tricks & tips and he mentioned leather scuff & decolouration repair of leather steering wheels and seats, I mentioned that I’d struggled with getting a permanent fix of colour on leather bike saddles. He said this was childs play and that I should check out the Leather Repair Company in Hull and look at the kits for sale on their online shop; https://shop.leatherrepaircompany.com/

So, I checked out some youtube videos they had made and bought one of their kits for £25
It arrived today…it took me exactly 20 minutes to turn a scuffed up old Flite into something considerably more presentable than it had been for many a year…

Kit comprised of;
• 100ml Premium Leather Cleaner..
• 1 x Main Base Leather Colour 50ml
• 3 x Tinters 5ml each ( sometimes more depending on the base colour)
• 1 x Leather Gloss Finish 30ml
• 1 x Leather Finish Matt 30ml
• 1 x Leather Prep 50ml
• 1 x Cotton Colour Of Your Choice To Repair Existing
• 1 x 30ml Mixing Cup
• 3 x Application Sponges
• 1 x Mixing Stick
• 2 x Tooth Picks
• 2 x Cotton Buds
• 1 x Sand Paper
• 1 x Detailed Instructions.

The instructions are pretty good however the youtube stuff is also very helpful.. but simply put,
Clean it
Scrub & prep the surface
Apply colour
Sand it with 1200
Apply colour
Seal it with the matt lacquer
Sand it with 1200
Seal it with a mix of gloss & matt to get satin finish
Then proofide it

I think there's enough product to sort at least 4 saddles.... :cool: IMG_6830.jpg IMG_6829.jpg IMG_6828.jpg IMG_6824.jpg IMG_6825.jpg IMG_6822.jpg IMG_6816.jpg IMG_6815.jpg

Last edited:
Re: OMG!! Leather saddle repair for dummies

Thats pretty impressive, definitely going to be using this, thanks for the link :cool:

That is good - I can see a lot of knackered old flites being snapped up on the bay and transformed

Retro Spud":cvbeivc2 said:
That is good - I can see a lot of knackered old flites being snapped up on the bay and transformed

Bugger :roll:

yakboy":1zm11ok9 said:
Retro Spud":1zm11ok9 said:

Bugger :roll:

Lol you hoovering them up as I type....

This time next year Rodney we’ll be millionaires!

Re:

Cool. I've got a really nice grey flite with some minor abrasions I'd love to tidy. Anyone care to venture an opinion on what colour dye would match?

Re: Re:

ishaw":232yx58e said:
Cool. I've got a really nice grey flite with some minor abrasions I'd love to tidy. Anyone care to venture an opinion on what colour dye would match?

That’s the beauty of these kits, they come with tints so that you can tweet the main colour. Check the website and give them a call (I guess on Monday) as I think they will sort out a kit for your own specific requirements.

Back