Strange realisations.

Peachy!":2up7k86s said:
My_Teenage_Self":2up7k86s said:
I don't really have any *really* high value bikes... I love them, but in a fair market, I suspect none of them top close to £1k. most of them much less...

But, collectively, they're worth many times more than my car :shock:

Weird.

Discuss.

Last time I tried to buy a carbon Lotus the seller wanted £2k... and I'm pretty sure yours is in better condition....

:shock:

Well, I guess it never sold...?

My_Teenage_Self":cj3alann said:
Peachy!":cj3alann said:
My_Teenage_Self":cj3alann said:
I don't really have any *really* high value bikes... I love them, but in a fair market, I suspect none of them top close to £1k. most of them much less...

But, collectively, they're worth many times more than my car :shock:

Weird.

Discuss.

Last time I tried to buy a carbon Lotus the seller wanted £2k... and I'm pretty sure yours is in better condition....

:shock:

Well, I guess it never sold...?

Nope... well not to me anyway....

widowmaker":1j41lfgr said:
mk one":1j41lfgr said:
Same, my bikes on their own are worth no more than £500-1500 each, but if sold as a lot would be more than my car and motorbikes combined. Though if you added tax, insurance and running costs over the years i suppose they would be quite a bit different. Plus my car has been sat on the drive for the last 3+ years so not really worth nothing now, really should get rid :roll:

What car have you got ? :D

A Renault Megane, the hard top convertible, though with it being french you are always weary of putting the roof down in case it stops working halfway :|

mk one":1qzih8xa said:
widowmaker":1qzih8xa said:
mk one":1qzih8xa said:
Same, my bikes on their own are worth no more than £500-1500 each, but if sold as a lot would be more than my car and motorbikes combined. Though if you added tax, insurance and running costs over the years i suppose they would be quite a bit different. Plus my car has been sat on the drive for the last 3+ years so not really worth nothing now, really should get rid :roll:

What car have you got ? :D

A Renault Megane, the hard top convertible, though with it being french you are always weary of putting the roof down in case it stops working halfway :|

I had an Audi TT Convertible a few years ago, we used to joke to the kids that it costs them £5 each time the roof went down :D

To pay for the repairs!!!

Generally don't get too sentimental about material objects, but I agree with the above. The disparity between those
values in terms of £ can be astounding. Funny, I realise more and more that I can enjoy a bike costing peanuts (cf. tip find,
barn find, charity shop find) and a build with nothing but NOS, Ti Frame, etc. costing into the 3K mark. Perhaps in maturity values change over time too?

As for the car value....only considering my spare part stash is financially worth more :facepalm:

Ach enjoy what you have while you can. Long time dead :D

That said, anyone want to buy a set of Hope brakes. I've somehow ended up with ten :p

Back