Steel GT's

Below the Karakoram the only full chromoly frame was the Tequesta. There were Karakoram K2's and Karakoram Elite's. The Borrego had the same Tange DB frame as the Karakoram and was only in existance two years...1993 with Suntour XC Expert spec. (The last full Suntour spec GT ATB) and 1996 with an STX/LX mix. Another bike not mentioned above was the Corrado which also had a short life due...two years 1993 and 94 due to aluminum becoming so popular. Corrado's can be found with True Temper GTX and Tange DB tubing with the full three cable groove tube frame.

Were the Karakoram, K2 and Elite frames all the same? I seem to remember reading that the K2 & Elite badges referred to higher component specs. rather than better frames? :?

I know of someone that has a 91 Avalanche Team for sale - PM me if you want me to get more information.

Mr K

Re: .

mrkawasaki":ncd56k3a said:
I know of someone that has a 91 Avalanche Team for sale - PM me if you want me to get more information.

Mr K

:twisted: Don't tempt me.

Re: .

mrkawasaki":3spc9ugz said:

Mr K

If it's an 18" (Midnight Aurora – black with spongy coloured bits) Team I'd be very interested as it's top of the wanted list.

W W Biffta":3pes6v1w said:
where does bravado fit in?

The Bravado was first introduced in 1992 (yellow) and has pretty much always been a full XT equipped spec. In 1992 the Team Avalanche was XTR and the Avalanche was Deore. in 1993 the Bravado LE was made in the Team Scream color. I have a 94 model pictured below.

Attachments

• DSC00311.JPG
    DSC00311.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 552
I have an Outpost Trail - complete bottom of the range in 1994! What a machine though. Those Cheng Shin tyres were awesome.
Think the 1994 Aggressor was steel too. In a nice snotty green colour in my catalogue, if I remember correctly.

Back