Spooky Bandwagon

Finally!

Hi All!

Finally finished my bike... well almost today, a few tweaks left, but I couldn't wait to post a pic! Hence why it's taken in the dark!

Thanks to all those who have helped, Aeronaut and Squiffy specifically!

I'll post some more when I can but here's mine for now!

Attachments

• Optimized-DSC01894.JPG
    Optimized-DSC01894.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 2,376
Nice work!! Looks very cool. It certainly lends itself to the longer travel fork :cool:

Look forward to seeing some more pics when you do them, and also hearing how it rides when you're all done tweaking :)

I'll give you a shout once i get some replacement decals worked out. Thats all it's missing.

Finished it today :)

...well apart from one zip tie for the rear brake line near the tyre, and changing the front brake hose at some point to decent hope stuff.. It will get fresh decals too once i've rendered them.

Had some fun setting up the rear derailleur with it being the first time installing and setting one up from scratch. Took a good few attempts but pleased to say it shifts perfectly.
Wish i could have taken it for a decent spin without all the ice about so shall have to wait 'til it melts a bit. Did feel very comfy though blasting through the snow! :cool:

So thats her xmas gift all done and dusted, and no shopping for me :D

loads of (crappy phone) pics again..

DSC02302.jpg

DSC02277.jpg

DSC02318.jpg

DSC02288.jpg

DSC02285.jpg

DSC02287.jpg

DSC02314.jpg

DSC02289.jpg

DSC02301.jpg

DSC02297.jpg

DSC02296.jpg

DSC02298.jpg

DSC02295.jpg

DSC02308.jpg

DSC02290.jpg

DSC02306.jpg

DSC02293.jpg

DSC02274.jpg

DSC02311.jpg

DSC02312.jpg

DSC02313.jpg

DSC02291.jpg

DSC02292.jpg

DSC02294.jpg

DSC02307.jpg

DSC02279.jpg

DSC02282.jpg

DSC02320.jpg

Cheers all.

Wayne

-Spec-

Frame: Spooky Bandwagon
Fork: Marzocchi Z1 Bam

Headset: Hope
Stem: NYC Freeride H.O.E
Handlebar: Azonic Single Wall
Grips: Oury

Brakes: Hope C2 185/165mm

Cranks: Raceface North Shore
Crank Bolts: Raceface
Chainring: Porkchop Chopsaw II
Chainring Bolts: Single Stainless
Cassette: SRAM PG980 11-32
Chain: SRAM PC911
Bottom Bracket: Raceface ISIS Signature DH with DMR Wondercups
Chain Device: DMR Elite Speed Guide with MRP roller
Pedals: DMR V12

Rims: Azonic Black Diamond
Hubs: Hope Bulb 32h
Nipples: Brass
Spokes: DT Swiss Champion
Tyres: Kenda Short Tracker 2.50
Tubes: Halfrauds
Skewers: Chromag

Saddle: DMR Expert
Seatpost: Raceface XY
Seatpost Binder: Azonic

Weight: tba

Awesome bike!
I'm suprised you didn't carry the retroness through out the whole bike though? You can't beat an m952 groupset in my opinion! :D

Here's a pic of a bike that I built up in a similar style to yours over last summer. Most of the parts are now on my other bike but I think i'll probably build it up again next spring. You can't beat the feel of a well set up slalom bike :cool:

Attachments

• Copy of chuteychutechuteychutey2.JPG
    Copy of chuteychutechuteychutey2.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 2,112
Aero,

Looks FANTASTIC.

She's a lucky girl. Let's see some riding pics when the weather breaks.

Your stickers all look great with the exception of the New York Flag...
I might be able to scare up an original for you.

cheers,

Steve

Ditto!

Hi Wayne!

Your bike looks lush! well done with that! Did you have the frame re-sprayed!? The paint on mine is terrible by comparison, thanks to the previous owner's black and lacquer diy job!!

I love the pics! your phone appears to have a decent macro setting!?! :D

Those stanchion-coloured bars are a sweet-touch too!

Let me know if and when you plan to get some new decals, and I'll chip-in, cos mine are dire!!

Cheers!

carter711":1oz99y9p said:
Awesome bike!
I'm suprised you didn't carry the retroness through out the whole bike though? You can't beat an m952 groupset in my opinion! :D

Here's a pic of a bike that I built up in a similar style to yours over last summer. Most of the parts are now on my other bike but I think i'll probably build it up again next spring. You can't beat the feel of a well set up slalom bike :cool:

Thanks! :)
I was undecided about the groupset and whether to go with an earlier set up, but stuck with the original choice of modern sram mainly so that she has no worries with it. Would have liked something more in keeping though..

The Kona does look amazing similar at first glance. Will be cool to see it once you get it built up again... nice one! Certainly looking forward to really seeing how this one feels on a good day too ;)

Back