Spooky dilemma…..

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I have a dilemma on a build direction and need some input.

I’ve owned a Spooky bandwagon since new in 1999. This bike was originally satin black with orange z1 bombers but then had Z1 CR in silver fitted a year or so later.

It ended up changing colours a few times though out the years but in around 2006-7 I had it painted pearl white. It’s never been ridden since and is all how it was back in the day.

My intention was to have it painted back to satin black at some point as this is the way I actually rode it. However it’s actually spent the majority of its life as pearl white.

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to collect an Olive green bandwagon from @Fam Allen which now presents the dilemma.

Do I have the olive green one painted satin black , add some orange bombers and proceed with a build towards my original bike …. And leave the pearl one alone

Or do I have my Pearl white one painted satin black and then do a unique build/colour on the olive green frame?

IMG_3581.jpeg IMG_9096.jpeg

With the usual caveat (it's your bike do what you like), it would be a crime to repaint the pearl white - it looks phenomenal!
I get the making your original bike original again (have similar dilemma) but you've created a great opportunity with the purchase of the olive frame to have the best of both worlds.

With the usual caveat (it's your bike do what you like), it would be a crime to repaint the pearl white - it looks phenomenal!
I get the making your original bike original again (have similar dilemma) but you've created a great opportunity with the purchase of the olive frame to have the best of both worlds.

Yeh it looks really cool in white. It’s wet painted by Vernon barker many years ago and is a very nice job but bugs me a little that it’s not how a remember the bike as a teen.

However I’ve looked at it everyday since 2007 in white hung in the garage so I’ve got pretty used to it that way too.

Much prefer the frame in green, more suited to the type of riding the bike is meant for in my eyes. Though the paint looks like it has seen better days. The white just looks too off to me.

If they were mine and I wanted one black it would be the white one, and I would repaint the green the same colour and fit army style graphics, they are tanks after all :)

If I do paint my pearl white one black the other one is likely going either olive green again or nardo grey.

Decals are on route in the original style for both.

Latest posts

Back