Spofforth castle circular. 28/06/2014 POSTPONED#

Re:

Not trying to critisize in anyway Marc but you may get a better turnout doing rides on a Sunday as more and more people are committed to working part or all of Saturday .
Matthew

Re:

Another one who struggles for Saturdays...

Will keep an eye out for this popping up again!

Re:

No critique taken!

I, adversely struggle to do sundays with working the day after, if i had a desk job etc...i would just limp around and crunch ibuprofen :) Other than that sundays are generally family days for me so that's where the saturday theme cuts in.

For the time being i will continue the 'saturday generally but sundays when possible' thing, just to add option to the masses.

In most cases, when numbers cannot show, i would be happy to just run the ride even if it's on my own but I now have other ventures that are a immediate plan B, that's why i shut this one down.

You see, i have no ready available transport like i used to do, so i may get one chance in the month to either recce or ride, That's why i have to move quick sometimes, or build a ride over many months. Then the local councils 'improve' trails and shut sections down for 18 months, ballsing things up even further. great.

Well, if sundays are the only days that most riders can ride then, that's me probably going to hang the boots up then, as i'm well against odds as it is.

Re:

i like sat rides for the same reason mark ;recovery time
but sundays are ok most of the time just take it easy the next week.
the poor turn out may be a seasonal thing'

Re:

Yes, i've come to learn that 'feast and famine' can loom over the ride scene from time to time. It's just how it goes.

However the last 6 months have been quite turbulent at home and work resulting in a distinct lack of transport, meagre really. A cheeky journey here and there but it's not enough when the required distance can a 60, 70 mile round trip.

This is not going to improve any time soon and considering the other more local voluntary first aid positions i hold and others that are in contention, I have taken the mutually beneficial decision to relinquish the role of Dep AEC. meaning rides will no longer be hosted by me.

I will indeed join in on rides, as and when possible to attend.

All who need to know have been informed, especially vern, a real senior character in my life and inspiration to all things mountain bike.

cheers mate. :)

Re:

Rather than "hanging up those well loved boots" why not just add a 2nd deputy AEC to assist when it causes you problems , it won't be the same if your not there .

Re:

As above Marc your rides are always fantastic, I had a real problem organizing rides earlier this year due to illness, adverse weather and family commitments but I have Longy and Trebz to fall back on and they can and do arrange rides when I haven't had the chance to plan anything. As coordinator the Leeds area you are invaluable imho and have arranged some great rides for us all!

Re: Re:

marc two tone":20hy4tly said:
Ok, i've knocked this ride on the head until more interest bubbles up.

# postponed, can be put on almost anytime except wet winters. :)

cheers.

Due to my personnel circumstances, unfortunately I will not be riding until August (long story) that is why I have not been able to organise anything for the TDY ride, Sorry Uncle Vern :cry: :cry:

This has been a tough year for us as a family, but I have it all sorted now :D

Back