Temple newsam featuring bygone bykes 3/5/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

I'm having a buzz round tomorrow to see how the pond-dredging effort may affect the route, the heavy plant has churned up some of the bridalways. It'll be reet.

The weather looks ideal too, fairly dry and above all clear-ish skies, this will do us a favour at the terminus. Not too warm neither, after a chilly night it should break into double figures.

The food stop is likely to be the sandwich van in woodlesford, they do fresh cut sarnies, bacon butties, hot n cold drinks, chocy bars n stuff. :)
This will also save us crossing any roads.

This ride is very easy going! Please don't let anyone worry about form, i'm officially the laziest, least skilled and under prepared, i can get round in 2 hours or so(especially if being chased by a dog) ;)

AND, the one ride that involves predominantly off-road trails that starts with a descent!

So, don't forget, same meet point regardless, usual large carpark(next to old running track) that has a 6 foot barrier, you can park on road if in a hummer or other chelsea tractor.
For those wanting to have a skeg round the vintage show then it's 09:00-quarter past. Then 10:30 for main event at exactly same point.

Re:

Bin round this afty, dusty dry in places, some rare soft bits. A lovely ride. I clocked it at 16 miles. A good mix of terrain.

I was expecting worse for mud but it's held up well against last weeks' showers. It would take a downturn in weather of biblical proportions to ruin the trails between now at saturday.
It is raining heavy as i type :LOL:
Next 24h looks grotty but late thurs/fri and sat look ok. ;)

Re:

Hope to be early for the jumble, but will be there for ride,
I'll be bringing the kili complete with welsh dirt... :LOL:

see ya all on Saturday

I'm all sorted and looking forward to it. I will be main ride only as I'm having to drop girlfriend and daughter in Leeds centre first for a days shopping so it could end up costing me a few quid ha ha

Also got my box of goodies with some new bits and pieces in for sales/ trades afterwards

Re:

I've no spare cleats rich, only ones i have are the crusty ones bolted to the spd shoes :)
This sunshine here in marvelous yorkshire will do us a big favour after some rain on thurs, dry it up a bit. Mud is mud but the trails get a real spanking as it's slow to drain, we will get round ok though. I can recommend mud guards tho, rear mainly and lowish pressures in tyres, 35psi or there abouts. The bridals are backed with bricks, hardcore and old cannon balls i reckon!

The sandwich van lady is ready any way, she does sausage and bacon with tom, mushroom egg....etc...
And all sorts of cold butties. buns, snickers....hot and cold drinks. very good prices too.
Yes, i do love a fish butty but the logistics of crossing wakefield road makes me loose head hair....hold on...my nerve :p as, we don't actually trek down the canal far enough to avoid crossing the road. It's all in hand.

After a chilly start it ought to get fairly mild fairly quick, i'm wearing shorts but something warmish on top until we get moving.

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back