Temple newsam featuring bygone bykes 3/5/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc two tone

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
The north east, north and west yorkshire area group proudly present..

TEMPLE NEWSAM RIDE.

Incorporating a visit to the bygone bykes (leeds) vintage show

Start point :: temple newsam large carpark (Free). LS15 0AE.

Date :: 3rd may 2014, saturday.

Time :: 10:00 for 10:30 main ride. Or 09:00 for bygone byke show.

Terrain :: Parkland bridalways, country parks and various greenways.

Difficulty :: 2/5.

Mileage :: > 17 miles.

This year's ride at temple newsam, Leeds brings a new route and an optional extra that is not to be missed!
Bygone bykes exhibition is run by yorkshire (and beyond) vintage cycle enthusiasts. This show brings an array of bicycles from the late 19th century and up to present day.
Located in at st marys church hall whitkirk, Leeds all are welcome from 9am where you will find refreshments and toilets. Entry is free.

The plan

Anybody intending on visiting the bygone byke show will meet with me around 9:00am and cycle over which will take 3 or 4 mins and, spend upto an hour or so there to take it all in. Then, pedal back round to the meet point to rendezvous with any riders choosing to enjoy the main ride only.

The main ride will see us encircling the golf course and connect with the parks' bridalway system. This winds through the park and links up with the newsam greenway. From here we take a short road down to the canal and beyond to rothwell country park where, there are panoramic views of Leeds and far beyond.

There is a lunch stop planned that can either be fish and chips or fresh sandwich/drinks located en route.

Bring your oldest relic and prepare to be humbled!

Re:

Sorry Marc , as you already know I'll be missing this one due to previous Land Rover releted commitments .
Matthew

Re:

hope to make this;my fave ride of the year'
nice part of leeds :D fish and chips mmmm
will try to be on time and see all the old bikes.

Bawls! Did you mention this last year Marc and I said "Oh that sounds good, I'll keep that day free"? Well I haven't, there's a tour of the remains of the Navvies settlements at Ribblehead and we're all set for doing that. Sorry!

Re: Re:

slmracing":1dd77o14 said:
Yes please Sir, do you think I could manage on the tourer Marc ?

I reckon you will get round just fine. As long as the tyres aren't totally slick, there may be some soft spots to negotiate but nowt major. I'm hoping to do a run of the route next week so , i will report any trouble spots ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back