Specialized Shark Fin re-manufacture ?

Bullpup":3irpgpnb said:
Rampage it would be useful to learn which part of the Sharkfin design is the bit which makes manufacture difficult / not cost effective?

It's the amount of time it would take compared to the cost people would pay. There's a lot of aluminium to remove after the basic shape is cut out.

I think if people really think they can buy something like that for less than £50 they are not being realistic...

However this did fuel my comments for making the adapter have a broader appeal.

novanath":2f1gkp28 said:
Bellow pics suggest a proprietary mounting boss that screws into the old brake boss hole. It makes sense that they would have incorporated the female spherical cutout in the ali forged body.

As an alternative, two pairs of spherical seat washers (one above and one bellow the bracket) could be used; this would work with the slotted hole! Only drawback is the £6 delivery takes the price for the pair to over £10 (obviously not such a big deal if someone makes a bunch of brackets up and spreads the cost).

Looks like all the pieces of the puzzle are in? :)

p4pb9945079.jpg

DSC_5833.jpg

Igus do these far cheaper, http://www.igus.co.uk/wpck/2499/igubal_ ... ?C=GB&L=en especially if you buy a few.

Re:

You are having a laugh ?

Are you the seller on eBay with one? if so it saves me from even bothering to bid, cheers.

Re:

It's what I paid for it. I tried searching high n low for one. If they were readily available then this would b reflected in the price.
Thanks for looking

Re: Re:

Bruised":3dfo47oc said:
Shark fin for sale £75

better off punting that in the for sale section..... :roll:

i had 2 in my possession a couple of years ago - that was after about a year of looking for one :)

cant wait to actually sort my bleeding frame out though!

Back