SOLD--DeKerf Implant 853

Re: DeKerf Implant 853

Mind you, wouldn't be surprised if one turns up out of nowhere!

A pic if one looking just like DEK449 was posted on Retrobike whilst I was still riding it! A very long time ago I emailed Chris DeKerf to check what year it was built , but didn't think to ask how many were made.
My other question was if he could weld a rear triangle on to replace the Amp parts!...(Canadians it seems are very polite)

My other question was if he could weld a rear triangle on to replace the Amp parts!...(Canadians it seems are very polite)

I'd love to hear what he said when he read that - before he turned the politeness up to 11! :D

I once heard (I think...) that only 5 Amp rear ended Dekerfs were produced. Did you tell me that? :LOL:

NeilM":2gf3rn7b said:
suburbanreuben":2gf3rn7b said:
I only remember 2 serial numbers; DEK247 (now Neil's) and 1664, the wifebeater singlespeed.

Is 247 mine? I thought mine was 254.. mind, the powder coat is that thick, it's pretty difficult to see any frame number at all.

254 is right. ;)

ringo":3e4ck8xk said:

I'd love to hear what he said when he read that - before he turned the politeness up to 11! :D

I once heard (I think...) that only 5 Amp rear ended Dekerfs were produced. Did you tell me that? :LOL:

Ringo, nope that wasn't me ...re. 5 being made!
Even though it was some 13 years ago since I emailed Chris DeKerf about the DEK449, I don't think I would want to bother him again!! :facepalm: :oops:

It's been such fun chatting about things DeKerf I think I might well have to go visit the pre '98 area some time and start a thread about my DeKerf singlespeed.

Lastly I had the great pleasure of meeting NeilM this afternoon, so this thread is now closed and edited as per rules. (apologies for the inadvertent 'bump' from replying to the above post)

The pleasure was mine.

Watch out after Christmas for the build thread, and with any luck we can meet up in the spring for a bash round the Mendips.

Back