SOLD--DeKerf Implant 853

Re: DeKerf Implant 853

tangent":1j9b0odz said:
Thanks Raidan73...that's interesting that's good to know was concerned...I think mine is around 2001?...(not 100% sure...I used to ride a Team SL of the same vintage, that OK for 60mm forks). I seem to recal at somepoint the the geo was adjusted to suit 100mm travel?

Funnyily I've never met another whilst out riding!...and know there's three owners on this thread...not found the pic I was looking for on this PC.

I know they're now corrected for a 120mm fork but they may well have gone to 100mm first. Mine is linked in my signature :D

This is the Dekerf website from 2001, courtesy of the wayback machine.

http://web.archive.org/web/200102150009 ... ekerf.com/

This was the first year of Implant production and slacker angles for big forks are mentioned, though they don't say what length forks. Other years pages might be more informative.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.dekerf.com

I was under the impression that earlier Implants ran shorter (100mm ish) forks, but having tried everything from 80mm rigid to 130mm, I don't think it really matters. Short forks = typical Dekerf nimbleness; long forks= Dekerf nimbleness + serious downhill ability.

These old web pages are great! I love the wayback machine!
Check out the reviews...

Edit: 2002 mentions geo around a 100mm fork.

Never heard of the wayback machine before.

That 2001 Implant looks awesome with those forks, like it really means business :cool:

raidan73":3bl52rj7 said:
Never heard of the wayback machine before.

That 2001 Implant looks awesome with those forks, like it really means business :cool:

You've never heard of wayback machine..? :shock:

There's a whole nother world out there!

Nope, just what I need - more internet stuff to look at :LOL:

Odd that the 2002 says the Implant was based around an 100mm fork and according to Chris my 2003 was designed for an 80mm :?

I run 80-130 Reba U-turns on mine so doesn't really matter I guess.

Oh and sorry for hijacking your sale thread too :oops:

suburbanreuben":14j0nkmf said:
What serial number ish do you have on 2003? Mine's about 2700; just trying to place it...

Pretty sure it's DEK2137

Frame no. DEK 2117 here

My sadly trashed (another collar bone) Team SL was DK20297
My still spinning singlespeed is DEK 1625
And my long gone FS/Amp was DEK449

Funny thing is when I joined RetroBike although I loved and had been riding them since the late '90s I never posted about DeKerf, because in my mind they didn't qualify as "Retro" due to still be made / in buisness, unlike say FAT Chance or Bontrager etc. etc.!!!

Back