SOLD--DeKerf Implant 853

tangent

Senior Retro Guru
DeKerf Implant, from Reynolds 853 steel Frame no. DEK2117 (=y2k model????)
Size: Seatube 15" (C-C) , 17 1/2" inches (C-T)
Toptube 22 1/2" inches (C-C)
Headset 1 1/8" inches

Condition well used as a frame, but well cared for during it's life with me (areas of of paint wear touched up), so no rust. Of note is the rear gear hanger which I had a local frame builder straighten after bending it out of shape in my local forestry. It is functionally fine, the threads accept a rear mech no problem. Images below illustrate the overall condition. Paintwork, (described by DeKerf as "Guiness Brown" I believe) and decals are original.

More images can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/?start_tab=sets

Frameset and Salsa Seat QR £316 + postage
Frameset only £299 + postage

SOLD Frameset + Salsa seatQR + Pace RC36 forks (as seen in top picture) £375 (collected)

Attachments

• PB190214RBK02.jpg
    PB190214RBK02.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 724
  • PB190209RBK06.jpg
    PB190209RBK06.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 723
  • PB190221.JPG
    PB190221.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 723
  • PB190227RBK05.jpg
    PB190227RBK05.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 722
  • PB190237RBK02.jpg
    PB190237RBK02.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 722
  • PB190240RBK01.jpg
    PB190240RBK01.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 723
  • DSC00062_qtk_dki.jpg
    DSC00062_qtk_dki.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 363
Re: DeKerf Implant 853

Mikkel, PM answered re. shipping costs to Denmark (£85.45 insured using Royal Mail Parcel Force "Global Priority")

tangent":1aib9lsw said:
Coincidently I was admiring your DeKerf Implant titanium which you advertised on here earlier...
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=278120&hilit=dekerf+implant+titanium

Unfortunately (clearly) not my size!!! gorgeous and v.rare bike tho' :)
Thanks , it is pretty lovely, and, fortunately,cash flow has now improved so I'm going to keep it and carry on building it up as nature intended. It's been a nightmare finding beefy forks in good condition but I've found some Magura Laurins that work a treat. Just need some nice wheels now as it really needs gears.
Great bikes!

Hmmm, nice, I think I'm interested in this... a bit.

What does it weight? And where abouts in the South West are you?

I was hoping it was going to be a small and I'd have snapped it up! GLWS

PM sent to NeilM..will have to get back to on the weight , but defo not mega heavy (inspite of it's looks around the front end) , it is made from Reynolds 853! :)

@radian have just doubled checked the dimensions I have given above and they are correct...It should be noted that they are slightly different from the sizing scheme quoted currently on the DeKerf website now--I suspect this is because I have a fairly old example of the Implant (this is RetroBike after all!)

I'll have a hunt around for a pic of it built up to help visualize this size.

@suburbanreuban I was running this with RS Revelations 80-130mm travel which worked well for me. It is a lovely bike, as are all DeKerfs!...I have a DK SSpd which better suiits me and the riding I'll be doing :)

tangent":24um2540 said:
PM sent to NeilM..will have to get back to on the weight , but defo not mega heavy (inspite of it's looks around the front end) , it is made from Reynolds 853! :)

@radian have just doubled checked the dimensions I have given above and they are correct...It should be noted that they are slightly different from the sizing scheme quoted currently on the DeKerf website now--I suspect this is because I have a fairly old example of the Implant (this is RetroBike after all!)

I'll have a hunt around for a pic of it built up to help visualize this size.

@suburbanreuban I was running this with RS Revelations 80-130mm travel which worked well for me. It is a lovely bike, as are all DeKerfs!...I have a DK SSpd which better suiits me and the riding I'll be doing :)

I went out and double checked mine and it's the same size. I feel that mine could do with being a size smaller really. What year is yours then? Mine's a 2003 and Chris Dekerf said at that time the Implant's were designed for an 80mm fork.

Thanks Raidan73...that's interesting that's good to know was concerned...I think mine is around 2001?...(not 100% sure...I used to ride a Team SL of the same vintage, that OK for 60mm forks). I seem to recal at somepoint the the geo was adjusted to suit 100mm travel?

Funnyily I've never met another whilst out riding!...and know there's three owners on this thread...not found the pic I was looking for on this PC.

Back