Hardisty, Fuquay & Dekerf Frames with Pace RC30/RC35/RC38

mheywoo1

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Edit 01 Oct 18: Fuquay, Hardisty and forks pictured all sold

Dekerf still available for £250 plus postage (less than I paid for it and not including what I spent on the mods) and I have an excellent RC36 to go with it (not the one in the photos).

Also a ‘94 Gary Fisher Pro Caliber OCLV frame (see eBay user heywood5544) for details. As usual, if it’s sold here it’s minus the eBay and PayPal tax plus a bit more for friendly Retrobikers, say
£250 plus postage.

Original Post:
Selling off a few frames and forks

First up is a very cool Hardisty from the early 90’s. I’m selling this as it’s a bit too old and a bit too small
- Columbus tubing. Very light at 1565g, inc neat integrated seat-clamp
- Classic Paint Design
- Key dimensions are top tube: 54cm c-c, seat tube: 44cm c-c and 46cm c-t, headtube: 9.5cm end to end
- 130mm rear spacing and takes a 1 inch headset and 30.4mm seatpost
- Structural condition is good but cosmetically it’s a bit scruffy (or its got a lot of stories to tell, which-ever way you look at it). There are numerous scratches. Some have been touched in. There are a couple of light dents on the top tube – presumably from brake lever impact. There is surface rust here and there. All in, it would benefit from a full respray and I’d get the framebuilder to brass-fill the dents at the same time.
- I’m selling this with a period-correct first gen Pace RC30. Its in similar condition i.e. its structurally fine but could do with a re-paint. Its got a 1 inch threaded steerer but this will need to be cut down a bit.
- Frame was bought from MatBH5 on here for 125. You can search Hardisty on here to find his ad and an earlier post to get more photos and info. I also paid 125 for the forks on here.
- Would like to sell as a pair for what I paid so that’s 250 collected from Warwickshire or add another 15 on for ParcelForce 48. If there is a buyer for the frame only, I’ll sell the forks separately afterwards.

Next up is a Fuquay. This also originally came from MatBH5 via jimo746. This one is for sale for the opposite reason really; it’s a bit too new at circa ’97. I always wanted one of these since reading about Chips’ one in MTB Pro and it’s the only one I’ve seen for sale. Originally these frames retailed for around 750 so its right up there with some of the better know steel frames of this era in terms of quality and cost; but a lot cheaper now!
- Ritchey Logic tubing throughout. Its around 1900g
- The paint is a pretty cool fade-job. In fact its faded in a few places it shouldn’t have done….. There are plenty of small chips and a bit of minor corrosion in places, most notably on the left side of the head tube from cable rub.
- The biggest “issue” is that the seatpost has seized in the frame. Its been cut off level to the top of the seat-tube ready for some caustic soda removal treatment (google it – its pretty straight-forward)
- Key dimensions are top tube: 57cm c-c, seat tube: 44cm c-c and 47cm c-t, headtube: 10.5cm end to end. It’s a sloping top-tube design.
- 135mm rear spacing and takes a 1 1/8 inch headset and 27.2mm seatpost
- I paid 115 for it so again that is the price I’d like back for it. Add on another 15 for postage via Parcel Force 48
- The Pace RC35MD forks shown in the photos are also available for an additional 100. They are in great condition but need the usual elastomer replacement kit (available from Pace for 40).
- I’ve got most of an XTR M950 groupset in excellent condition and some other period correct parts that I’m happy to sell to whoever buys the frame.
Finally (for now) is my 98 Dekerf Softtail. I bought this because its my favourite Dekerf colour. Sadly a previous owner had hacked off the rear brake cable guides and canti-bosses and had a disc mount welded on. I’ve had this reversed by my local frame-builder, Lee Cooper who has done a great job here and on several other of my frames. The majority of the paint on the mainframe is excellent so my intention here was to get the rear triangle sprayed in a contrast colour and somehow touch up the new brake bosses on the top-tube (Dekerf will sell you a pot of touch up paint but did say the colour match might not be great)
- Made from Reynolds 853 tubing for the main-frame and special custom-made “flexible” chainstays, its actually very light for the 1” or so rear travel it offers at 2125g
- Key dimensions are top tube: 56cm c-c, seat tube: 44cm c-c and 49.5cm c-t, headtube: 12.5cm end to end
- 135mm rear spacing and takes a 1 1/8 inch headset and 27.2mm seatpost
- Bought from eBay, I’m looking for 275 collected and an additional 15 for postage via Parcel Force 48.
- I’ve also got a Pace RC38 Gen 2 fork in good condition. I just need to double-check its holding air. Available for 100 if its airtight and 75 if not.
- I’ve got most of an XTR M950 groupset in excellent condition and some other period correct parts that I’m happy to sell to whoever buys the frame.

I’m just going to add a couple of photos for each frame for now but I’ll try to add more as time permits.

Attachments

• P1110193high.jpg
    P1110193high.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 1,450
  • P1110200high.jpg
    P1110200high.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 1,450
  • P1110229.jpg
    P1110229.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 1,442
  • P1110238high.jpg
    P1110238high.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 1,440
  • P1110208resize copy.jpg
    P1110208resize copy.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 1,424
  • P1110216high.jpg
    P1110216high.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 1,447
Like the Hardisty, nearly bought that before. Bit poor at moment and way to many projects lined up. Good frame/fork for someone :cool:

mark

Re:

First Dibs on the RC30 rigid forks please, I will also collect as based Midlands and can fairly easily get down to Warwickshire :).

Have you ever caustic soda'd a frame before? If so, would there be a possibility of selling me the Fuquay - for extra than asking price, with stuck seatpost removed? It does look fairly straight fwd on Youtube but having never done one, you may have more experience than me?

Cheers, Tom

Re: Re:

TOMAS":23cskkaj said:
First Dibs on the RC30 rigid forks please, I will also collect as based Midlands and can fairly easily get down to Warwickshire :).

Have you ever caustic soda'd a frame before? If so, would there be a possibility of selling me the Fuquay - for extra than asking price, with stuck seatpost removed? It does look fairly straight fwd on Youtube but having never done one, you may have more experience than me?

Cheers, Tom

I’ve not done the caustic soda method myself and unfortunately I’m a bit time-poor at the moment to try - One of the reasons for the sale. As someone else has said, there is a risk of damage to the paint with this method. I was planning to cover the bits likely to be “spat on”, use a funnel in the top of the seattube and pour very carefully and slowly!

Re:

PM resent (hope it's worked this time) - want to buy and collect the Fuquay and also Pace RC30. Wait to here from you.

Re:

Fuquay sold to TOMAS for £115
RC30’s sold to TOMAS for £125

Dekerf, Hardisty, RC35 and RC38’s still available

Latest posts

Back