SOLD--DeKerf Implant 853

Re: DeKerf Implant 853

I only remember 2 serial numbers; DEK247 (now Neil's) and 1664, the wifebeater singlespeed.

tangent":3gl8fujl said:
Frame no. DEK 2117 here

My sadly trashed (another collar bone) Team SL was DK20297
My still spinning singlespeed is DEK 1625
And my long gone FS/Amp was DEK449

Funny thing is when I joined RetroBike although I loved and had been riding them since the late '90s I never posted about DeKerf, because in my mind they didn't qualify as "Retro" due to still be made / in buisness, unlike say FAT Chance or Bontrager etc. etc.!!!

Chas Roberts is still producing the modern DOGS BOLX, Dave Yates will still build you a DONKIS NOB, I see no reason why a DeKerf is not just as retro as those. My 1994 Mountain is a revelation to ride, even compared to some of my 'home made' exotica.

suburbanreuben":1hz5nqfi said:
I only remember 2 serial numbers; DEK247 (now Neil's) and 1664, the wifebeater singlespeed.

Is 247 mine? I thought mine was 254.. mind, the powder coat is that thick, it's pretty difficult to see any frame number at all.

NeilM":3goo6iho said:
suburbanreuben":3goo6iho said:

Is 247 mine? I thought mine was 254.. mind, the powder coat is that thick, it's pretty difficult to see any frame number at all.
You could be right. I thought it was 247 but my reality is shifting with every extra year...

suburbanreuben":3ch7cv26 said:
You could be right. I thought it was 247 but my reality is shifting with every extra year...

Yup, I know how that feels. ;)

Whatever the number, it's a great bike.

Agreed!...just posted a pic of mine at the end of a ride back in Feb 2008 :roll:

NeilM":2y0v2qqd said:
suburbanreuben":2y0v2qqd said:

Yup, I know how that feels. ;)

Whatever the number, it's a great bike.
This one should be too. Mine's been a slow burner as my shed spares aren't really suitable, but it's staying!

My Mountain is 245 and Tangents old AMP jobbie (449) has now returned home to Canada where it's new owner will cherish it!

Canada eh?
Ringo am v.impressed...so "probably" that means no more DK/Amp bouncers in GB then!?

Mr T

I agree... never seen another! I believe it's currently resting in Coventry pending his parents sending over!

Back