So called big collectors belittling smaller.

It's a forum, sometimes blatantly crude messages mean little but some banter.
I'm aware as I can be one of these people and I assume it's too much Dutchness. :cool:
And sometimes people try to "hide" an insult but it screams they are c*nts.
But I understand with the small scene you'd not sell to some people because of what what said (or not said).

Been on this forum for a small time (live a.k.a. registered) but I have a clear indication who the OP is talking about, and I can't agree more.

How are you classed a bike collector?, what level of collecting should I be at before I can judged by as 'so called' and I can belittle someone please?

In all honesty, I feel it's down to personality, messaging and texting is so impersonal sometimes and can seem aggressive/rude so a phonecall or meet is nicer to chat things out but I have never come across someone who makes me feel small, belittled or inadequate on this site or FB really, everyone seems quite normalish.

Sorry for your bad experience...... You maybe got the 1 in 100 cnut

They are on this forum also mate, try to make you feel unworthy of having something they want and then low balling you to sell them what they want

🤔 Is that actually "belittling smaller collections" or just being shady outright, because it sounds the latter.

How are you classed a bike collector?, what level of collecting should I be at before I can judged by as 'so called' and I can belittle someone please?

In all honesty, I feel it's down to personality, messaging and texting is so impersonal sometimes and can seem aggressive/rude so a phonecall or meet is nicer to chat things out but I have never come across someone who makes me feel small, belittled or inadequate on this site or FB really, everyone seems quite normalish.

Sorry for your bad experience...... You maybe got the 1 in 100 cnut
This collector doesn’t collect orange

🤔 Is that actually "belittling smaller collections" or just being shady outright, because it sounds the latter.
My thoughts too. It's not so much a matter of big v small sounds more akin to a bully... I have to wonder, seeing as the other party is also on here & must have read through this thread by now, if they'd like to chime in with their take on things & perhaps clear up any misunderstanding or bad-blood? I know if someone was pissed off at me & was hinting at my identity I'd have at least said something to defend myself by this point (IF of course, I felt I had been misunderstood or that I was justified in some way) :/

Back