So called big collectors belittling smaller.

I have blocked the guy on social media he’s after a 20” gt Xizang I have one, it’s not perfect it’s a 1990 model but to be spoken down too, and be aired to am a collector and it will be better off with me, well it’s got this wrong, and that…yeah I know I told you and it’s 34 years old, all this too run me down isn’t washing with me.
I would rather cut it up and scrap it than sell it to him
Guessing it would need trans Atlantic postage?

I ride my bikes and don't consider myself a collector. All of them are refreshingly non-exotic. If it rides well it's good. Hopefully I am gracious to people I disagree with.

In all these things there are the people who need the oneupmanship to compensate for their insecurities.

A thought, if I may...

In the UK, it's thought that 15-20% of people have some form of neurodiversity. Some of the conditions tend the individuals towards obsessive behaviors, and may also induce an element of social awkwardness. Neurodiversity often isn't a barrier to success, nor wealth, nor happiness. So, you may be dealing with someone that tips into neurodiversity, has amassed success and wealth in their life, obsesses over old bikes and can be awkward to deal with; they may be blunt, rude, or just plain odd (to neurotypical folks).

Please bear that in mind.

Also, some people are just ***Ts.

🤣 I have thrown away perfectly good parts rather than sell them because people have annoyed me.
I don't appear to throw anything away😁, although I often don't sell stuff to people.
I like to find a decent caring home for everything, although the scrap man gets the crappy worn out stuff that's not worth repairing.

A thought, if I may...

In the UK, it's thought that 15-20% of people have some form of neurodiversity. Some of the conditions tend the individuals towards obsessive behaviors, and may also induce an element of social awkwardness. Neurodiversity often isn't a barrier to success, nor wealth, nor happiness. So, you may be dealing with someone that tips into neurodiversity, has amassed success and wealth in their life, obsesses over old bikes and can be awkward to deal with; they may be blunt, rude, or just plain odd (to neurotypical folks).

Please bear that in mind.

Also, some people are just ***Ts.

I was waiting for the punchline..."outside of the UK, less than 1% of people have some form of neurodiversity..."

Back