Small Batch Anodising ...

WD Pro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So, did anyone ever find a anodiser who was prepared to do small batches ?

Post a few bits out to them in a padded jiffy and get them back a few weeks later for a sensible cost ?

Cheers,

WD :D

Re:

I use Acron plating
https://www.acornplating.com/

48354799786_eef2deb365_b.jpg

This lot was recently done for the SBike. They turned around in a week £25 including postage. I have used them for the Lotus stuff and they were just as reasonable.

They look great. I paid £70 for the pleasure of having it done on the last Friday morning after 4 and a half weeks of nothing and received back a lacklustre product, literally. So I can tell you who not to go to.

Re: Re:

yakboy":18poj950 said:
I use Acron plating
https://www.acornplating.com/

48354799786_eef2deb365_b.jpg

This lot was recently done for the SBike. They turned around in a week £25 including postage. I have used them for the Lotus stuff and they were just as reasonable.

Was that stripping and cleaning them as well?

Re:

I made sure they were pretty clean but they will clean for you but that bumps up the price ( but I find polishing very theraputic)

Just been on their website, it states minimum is £50 spend on colour ano work, but it's only 40p an item...anyone wanna make an order up as I have some bits need doing?

yakboy":1cffqnkg said:
I made sure they were pretty clean but they will clean for you but that bumps up the price ( but I find polishing very theraputic)
So I can send you my parts to clean for 'therapy'? I'll not even charge you much either.

Didn't see the £50 minimum but the Lotus parts were only £45 and there was a little bit of prep involved on their part. The owner seems to be a biker and seems very fair with pricing

Hotwheels.":29yzjlzv said:
So I can send you my parts to clean for 'therapy'? I'll not even charge you much either.
Depends on how stressed I get at work as to how much "therapy" I need

I’ve used Acorn plating and was very happy with the outcome. I sent off a silver stem to get anodized 3DV, took 2 weeks and cost £20, can’t argue with that.

Back