Slightly Chuffed .. car related

Thanks for that. Understated would be me!

For info - if you want to try this - MAKE SURE you know how the panels come off. Either youtube of speak to a dealer should work. My door panels pulled straight out on the hinge end and then had to be pulled sideways (away from the hinge) to remove, such were the clips that held it on. There is a possibility of damaging the trim when removing.

Replacement genuine Audi alloy trim pieces are £62.50 each, and a full secondhand set on ebay is around £200 - investment in the 4d carbon wrap was £9.99 and i have enough left to repeat the process (phew).

The Audi RS 6 has these panels done in real carbon fibre - i did not even try to price them!

Richard

My job involves ripping car interiors apart to gain access. Most stuff comes apart by hand but always expect the hidden screws. Never use metal to pry something apart.

Re: Re:

FairfaxPat":37mlwrf4 said:
Very nice job, tasteful without over doing it. I saw a fairly new Toyota sedan while shopping recently that was completely covered in the stuff, so it kinda/sorta looked like a Carbon Fiber car-it was ghastly and utterly tasteless looking...

So did you buy it? ;)

Back