Silverfish 1991 Funk

No, FUNK USA stickers are different. I reproduce those (FUNK as well as the KLEIN frame stickers).

Most likely the bike has been painted by Dave Wilkins or John Rock. John is member of this forum, too. As we all know.

I can ask the previous owner who painted it.
If you can that would be awesome thank you. I’m tempted to get a stem painted to match…

FUNK frame / fork sticker (top), KLEIN frame sticker (bottom)

Of course, KLEIN had different ones, depending on build years and ownership (KLEIN vs. TREK). But this is "the" one.

FUNK and KLEIN seat tube frame sticker USA flag pat numbers by Falko Schlötel Germany.jpeg

FUNK frame / fork sticker (top), KLEIN frame sticker (bottom)

Of course, KLEIN had different ones, depending on build years and ownership (KLEIN vs. TREK). But this is "the" one.

View attachment 827015
I’m not questioning whether it’s been repainted -
Would be good to know tho?
But my USA flag decal looks legit?

Attachments

• IMG_5224.jpeg
    IMG_5224.jpeg
    471.2 KB · Views: 4
Yes its legit but most likely a set from GIL at Retrodecals. I am 99,93452% sure its a re-paint. At no point in time this color has been a part of FUNK palletes. In fact the bikes only came in like 3 or 4 colors (or blank aluminium). Especially in 1991.

Here are the color options of the FUNK bikes back then:

Fun-fact: Twilight (I think it was) is the direct negative complementary color scheme of the iconic KLEINS Magenta (Dolomite) bikes of that time. Yes, a real clever guy this Daryl Funk was, huh?

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-06 um 03.43.56.png

Yes its legit but most likely a set from GIL at Retrodecals. I am 99,93452% sure its a re-paint. At no point in time this color has been a part of FUNK palletes. In fact the bikes only came in like 3 or 4 colors (or blank aluminium). Especially in 1991.

Here are the color options of the FUNK bikes back then:

Fun-fact: Twilight (I think it was) is the direct negative complementary color scheme of the iconic KLEINS Magenta (Dolomite) bikes of that time. Yes, a real clever guy this Daryl Funk was, huh?

View attachment 827226
I think it was Astral that was the negative of Dolomiti, right?

Defo a repaint but a very beautiful one! Congrats! Looking forward to the build.

BTW ... not sure with the Varilite decal for 1991. 🤔

Back