Show us your slick tyred MTBS

Re:

My Pace RC200 F5 I bought it for road use (with occasional smooth off road use) hence the Continental Town and Country semi slicks, also wanted to keep it looking like a MTB to upset the roadies when I keep up with them!

Attachments

• IMG_0722.jpg
    IMG_0722.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 1,070
Re:

From this morning's ride, put slicks on to give it a test ride after making a few changes. While I was stopped (catching Pokemon :oops: ) a chap walked past, stopped, and started telling me how he used to race a Kona Explosif and a friend of his who raced also had an Orange Prestige. Think it made his day seeing the retro Mtb! :)

Couple of things I never posted here:

My work bike ('95 Cindy) on Big Apples.

My fun go anywhere bike ('89 Tufftrax) - can anyone reccomend a slightly narrower but similar (fat!) tyre? The Crazy Bobs have worn the paint off the inside of the chainstay, and the inside of the brakes. :shock:

My 1995 Claud Butler Vantage.

Wanted something that was a bit easier when munching road miles, cheap set of City Jet's and it does the job just fine and it's nice that after 22 years of ownership, it is still proving useful!

Re:

Why not just attach the photo to your post, zetec?

Anyway, haven't posted this here since the rebuild :

Attachments

• P1200244.JPG
    P1200244.JPG
    305.6 KB · Views: 706
Re:

Exactly 3 years to the day since the last post on this thread!

Time to re-awaken it with a pic of my current slick tyred MTB, rolling on Schwalbe City Jet 1.95 :cool:

Attachments

• DSC_0506-01_copy_2201x1238.jpeg
    DSC_0506-01_copy_2201x1238.jpeg
    446.7 KB · Views: 161
Back