Show us your... Overbury's

Now then, you guys might be able to help. I was looking at my bike a couple of months back and thought my frame might be buckled - if you look at the photo you'll see that the seat post isn't standing in line with seat tube. It leans forward very slightly.

I took it to a local frame builders, Vernon Barker, and he told me that the frame was true (phew) but the seat tube hadn't been reamed out properly. And looking back over the bikes in this thread if I crudely hold up a straight edge to my laptop screen it seems that my bike isn't the only one with this problem.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this with their Overbury's?

Attachments

• Seat post skewiff.jpg
    Seat post skewiff.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,123
It's often a problem with frames where the seat tube has been reamed out on a (badly set up) lathe.
I don't know if Andy P did it this way or not, but I've seen it on frames as illustrious as Yeti and Ritchey.

Pretty much impossible to do when reaming by hand, but a whole load less hard work.

All the best,

A frame builder has told me that they can re-ream it for me, which is an option. Probably not worth doing, but it's one of those things that, now I've noticed it, I see it every time I look at it!!!

Re:

Bit of tweaking to go before I'm totally happy but heres my Pioneer

IMAG2318.jpg

RBG

Re:

I wanted a town bike and had planned to buy something like a Raleigh Wayfarer, give it a respay and a diet of aluminium parts and keep the Sturmey Archer three speed which would of served my purposes, I was advised to look on Ebay and buy something made of 531 tubing which would give an immediate weight advantage and go from there. I noticed a frame I had never heard of so looked up Overbury's and immediately pressed the buy it now button getting what I believe is a Connoisseur frame and forks from 1984, the number is AP8414, there is a chance someone here might recognise it.
I have almost finished refurbishing it with a mixture of used and new parts including a Shimano Alfine 8 speed hub and as the sun was shining today thought it ready for a few photos, thanks for Gil for the graphics and Andy at Wheels in motion in Chard for his advise and great service in getting this done.
008-XL.jpg

003-XL.jpg

005-XL.jpg

010-XL.jpg

Nice bump. Nice bike.

Forgot about this thread. Added a couple since my last post and a refurb.

83 Andy Powell
DSC00216_edited_zpsatoj6wmn.jpg

85 peak finder basket case
da0d4962dca0b3bcbca2a7cc093bc5f1_zps3vpeabz5.jpg

Early 80s connoisseur refurb
IMG_7247_edited_zpsgiatxezb.jpg

Back