Show us your... Overbury's

Here is mine, needs a wash, and a tidy up. It gets used almost daily, no idea on year but guessing it is a later one. Has the name of the original guy who ordered the bike emblazoned onto the frame. Would love to get it resprayed original.

Attachments

• rps20141219_111904.jpg
    rps20141219_111904.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 989
Picked this up from a local junk shop for £15 last weekend. Nice Shimano 600 groupset, Overbury's wheel build. Too small for me but Mrs Daddy Pig fancies a road bike, so it's a keeper. I need some new forks (if anyone has a suitable pair knocking around...). I'm also planning getting it powder coated; current paint isn't great at all. Gil-m can do the downtube decals for me; I've also seen a thread where a few folk were trying to get some of the original headtube decals re-made. Did anything come of that?

Attachments

• Overburys1.jpg
    Overburys1.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 901
Daddy Pig:

Sorry, No decals yet...but I'm working on it. They should be waterslide, under the clearcoat, not printed vinyl, but there aren't many full colour plus white ink printers around anymore.

Videojetman got some Bristol coat of arms as headbadges from Gil...but it looks like they are just the Virtute et industria, without the Overbury's Cycles Bristol scrolls underneath.
The sans serif DT style is the wrong , later version for you
file.php

I've got fonts etc for the older downtube set. (Cheltenham Bold with an apostrophe from another font which I haven't tracked down yet)

All the best,

Attachments

• Overbury's.jpeg
    Overbury's.jpeg
    12.4 KB · Views: 867
Thanks all for your info & comments. Gil seems happy to do the downtube decals, and the basic Bristol coat of arms (which is close enough for me; I'm not looking to reproduce exact details, but to breath some new life into the bike and give a nod to it's origins). I'll make sure I post up some pics of the project as it comes along. Bear with me though, I have a Suzuki GT250 preoccupying me...

Re:

Been finished over a year now. Dingy 7pm photos. Obviously being 4 inches to small for me it falls into the category of bikes I own that forever hang above my head :LOL: :facepalm:

Cheers.......Nick

18622239388_314944afea_h.jpg

18783735226_95defd98e1_h.jpg

18810008965_6420ddedd7_h.jpg

18187407694_fd5cf20581_h.jpg

Back