Show us your early-not-quite-retro Santa Cruz's

Hmmm - not sure, I ran mine as a SS - the mount and disc lined up perfectly but SS and disc in this way was not ideal. If you think it looks shonky in the pic wait until you see it in real life.

:LOL:

Anyone who wanted the pics of the decals - please email me (not PM) at my address in profile and I will pass them on.

Max P, thanks for sorting out pics...maybe it's me being dim but I can't see an email in your profile though hence why I PM'd you :?

Not sure who but up at High Beech on Saturday (Epping Forest) there was a beautiful old Heckler - same green as mine and even older. They don't make the old SC's like they used to. :cry:

Just joined up, and thought I'd add mine to the list.

'98 Frame, Z1 Bams, Middleburn RS-HD's (can't find any info on these now??), Hope Bulbs, X-Lite Phatso rims, with a mix of XTR, XT, LX stuff thrown in, along with DX rear V -

DSC01209.jpg

Nice one Sheriff, very nice. Love the original orange Z1's.
You do seem to dislike front to back symmetry though ;)

Enjoy!!

IbocProSX":1dkqs5h4 said:
Nice one Sheriff, very nice. Love the original orange Z1's.
You do seem to dislike front to back symmetry though ;)

Enjoy!!

I never really noticed the symmetry thing before!

On a side note, anybody know if I can fit modern discs to the BAMs? From what I've read they're an odd fitment?

I've owned a Z3 Flylight for years, it had disc brake mounts looking just like yours which I've used with Magura Louise's no problems.

IIRC Marzocchi were early adopters of the IS standard mounts. So if the caliper fits the bolt holes spacing you should be fine. When in doubt you can go with a postmount caliper plus adapter. That gives you plenty of options to make it fit if it is awkward after all.

Enjoy!!

Back