Show us what you did today, thread

Cheers V :cool:
Only wish I'd managed to get into this when it mattered :? Opportunity is long gone now.
Still nice to make the odd bit and bob.

Re:

Nice local morning ride in the snow today, just enough snow to smooth out the trails making them pretty quick to ride, without making it hard going.

Best bit was having a clean bike at the end of the ride! :D

Attachments

• 20210109_081702-01.jpeg
    20210109_081702-01.jpeg
    537 KB · Views: 599
  • 20210109_082012.jpg
    20210109_082012.jpg
    638.5 KB · Views: 599
  • 20210109_082522-01_copy_2322x3096.jpeg
    20210109_082522-01_copy_2322x3096.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 599
dyna-ti":3oh26hyo said:
What tyres you using in snow/ice Jim ?.

Same ones I use all year round :LOL:
Some 26x2.4 Vittoria Goma that I got from Planet X the other year.

:LOL: I was wondering as mine on the bike are more road orientated, but here its mostly melted away so problems solved now.

Have you tried studded tyres ?, which ive ridden on sheet ice going downhills pretty fast including cornering and bloody hell do they grip. Sold the damn things and as always wish i hadnt :(
Plus they look cool as fk :LOL:

Great shots of some nice snow. Unfortunately here we have had nothing but ice, and even then when it has thinned down it is more due to the constant rain :(
No riding for me unfortunately due to the rain but plenty of fettling going on.
I have changed over Heathers older mtb Hardrock from standard bars etc to a set of Mary bars with a huge adjustable stem and then all the associated recabling etc as she said she would like to get out and have the odd ride with Caleb when the weather allows. She hasn't ridden much if any the last few years since she wasn't well so it is good to get it sorted while she is keen. It was already set up quite nice with road tyres, mudguards etc but it still had the mtb position which she finds so uncomfortable now so the bars lifted and a Specialized sprung saddle and while not my style feels incredibly comfortable to me and actually feels just like one of Brians Rudges. Need to get slightly bigger tyres to make it a bit more comfortable.
Still needs recabling in this one but you get the idea.
Heathers Hardrock Modifications by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

I have also been fiddling with the Flying Scot Ventoux just more out of needing to fiddle with bikes than anything else but I really must get it back together and ready for a bit of nice weather.
Final for this looks like being the Black Turbo saddle, Arabesque chainset, shifters, derailleurs with brakes being either Arabesque or Mafac Racers. I do have a set of Nitto 135Randonneur bars and Mafac levers for it but I have fitted as a mock up some older Cinelli bars and stem with Campagnolo levers that I had sitting from another Flying Scot that has blue and white bar tape which cleaned up really nice so may try those first. They are slightly wider than I would normally use but may work fine.
Anyway, I hope everyone is doing OK, had a nice weekend and is staying safe and well.

Jamie

An older photo
IMG_2734 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

That's really nice Brant :)
How is that suspension working exactly, is it a sort of hydraulic in the top tube?
What's the plans for it?
I was just looking at a boulder Bicycles last night but it was the All Road 650b randonneur. One day maybe :)

Jamie

Jamiedyer":1t786rir said:
That's really nice Brant :)
How is that suspension working exactly, is it a sort of hydraulic in the top tube?
What's the plans for it?
I was just looking at a boulder Bicycles last night but it was the All Road 650b randonneur. One day maybe :)

Jamie

Thanks Jamie,
It has a Risse Racing air shock/damper built into the top tub.
I found a NOS Rock Shox RS1 which these originally came with. I also scored a rare "Boulder Brace" this week on Ebay; it was pure luck, if you do a Rock Shox search on the US Ebay there are usually over 3,800 items that come up. On the sixth page I found one! These bits may go on this frame or a Boulder Gazelle that is being shipped to me this week. Ultimately I would love to put a full Mavic Gao Dakar group on this frame to give the bike some color (also I already have a few NOS Mavic pieces). Getting the rest of that kit maybe hard to come by.

Attachments

• s-l1600-1.jpg
    s-l1600-1.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 552
  • BoulderParts.jpg
    BoulderParts.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 552
Back