Show us what you did today, thread

I am so enjoying the long weekend and having a great time with the family starting the year off in a good way.
It looks like most are trying to do the same with their riding judging by the cool photos being posted the last few days.
Well this morning i put together Heathers pizza oven and we fired it up as you have to fire it for about an hour at temp and then let it cool before wiping clean and then ready to use properly, so we did this in the hope the weather stays nice, ie; not raining and we could have pizza for dinner.
Once this was sorted and we got a few other things done I thought after riding solo the last few rides I would see if Caleb was up for a run on the tandem, which was a silly question really. So we were all suited and booted tandem out, tyres pumped and with the sun shining we were ready to go when all of a sudden from over the roof where we couldn't see, it started bucketing down, a quick retreat to the shed for 10 minutes while I cursed the seldom dry road now absolutely running with water. Oh well, bright side was as least it stopped which meant we could still ride :)
Didn't go far just a loop of a few miles to keep the legs spinning. Was definitely nice to be back out with the boy just cruising along. Tandem was running nicely and I have still to strip and overhaul it but plenty of time left for that. I have an idea that winter isn't yet upon us properly.
So a lovely ride then home to fire up the pizza oven and see how it goes. Heather had mad the dough earlier and the sauce she makes is always lovely but after the first one where I got it sussed for temp and how much to open the flu we soon had the most beautiful pizzas for dinner. A little while to get to temp, then a bit to keep it consistent with feeding it wood and then just a couple of minutes each pizza.
So how good a day is that, long weekend with no work tomorrow, a great ride with my boy and beautiful pizza with the family!
Great start to the year and I really hope the rest of macretro is having a good one too.

Jamie

IMG_4641 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4644 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4648 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4650 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4651 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4656 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4637 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_4659 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

Awesome Jamie!

Ere, lads, we're all invited round to Jamie's for beer and pizza!! :mrgreen: :LOL:

Sounds like the perfect end to the day Jamie :D

Re:

Nice shots folks - never been to the Outer Hebrides so that's still on my to do list......

It appears I'm now stuck in Argyll for January so I have access to the Splatter Dome and Sex-One :xmas-wink:

Attachments

• P1180814 (2).JPG
    P1180814 (2).JPG
    753.6 KB · Views: 287
Looking like your now stuck until March mate :)

We also measured out the Big Dummy sidecar and the pizza oven and a supply box fit perfectly so it may well be pizza on the beach once it warms up a bit.
Stay safe everyone.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":3syinygq said:

We also measured out the Big Dummy sidecar and the pizza oven and a supply box fit perfectly so it may well be pizza on the beach once it warms up a bit.
Stay safe everyone.

Jamie

That sounds a brilliant idea Jamie - plus you've some cracking beaches there too :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jamiedyer":11i1ac0o said:

Stay safe everyone.

Jamie

That's a definite invite for a bikepacking ride then. :)

jimo746":304t06c8 said:
epicyclo":304t06c8 said:
That's a definite invite for a bikepacking ride then. :)

I wonder how much beer it's possible to carry by bike... :)

Well I can carry 4 crates of beer in a rucksack. Starts off heavy, but gets lighter the further you carry it ;) :LOL:

Re:

4 crates? You need to up your game ;)

I think I've found my next build, adequate beer storage, and room for Pizzas at the rear :D

Attachments

• pub-bike.jpg
    pub-bike.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 218
That would go down a bomb in the park :D Beats the hotdog stand hands down :LOL:

Today I'm a bit further on with my mantle, though still only about 3/4 down with more timber to machine, more decorative aspects to add - Around the opening area and under the top to make it look like its twice as thick,then fitting tight to the wall, though as you see its pretty much free standing.
Sanding and finish should set me back another 100 or so, but all in all its only really cost me about 400 about to get to this stage. I'm figuring it would likely cost about £2.5K+ to have something like this made(obviously those are showroom pricing, with labour,overheads,profit etc added in, but it should ,as long as the rest of the room is up to spec, add to the worth of the house.

Certainly far better than the B&Q horrorshow that was fitted. I'm happy with how it's turned out and well chuffed the choice of making it in the two tones was the way to go rather than all in maple.
Really cant wait to get this sanded and a finish put on, its really going to snap :cool:

Attachments

• DSCF3984 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF3984 (Custom).JPG
    83 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCF3980 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF3980 (Custom).JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 183
Back