Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

Jamie your photos are epic as usual but due to the time of year also have a post apocalyptic quality that perhaps reflects the madness of our times.
Mad Max's burnt raw outback to Mad Mac's cold wastes of the back of beyond :)

Cheers Velo, I think ;)

Clubby, that is great that you guys are out there ripping it up :)
Just like a normal dad, only way cooler :)

The trailers soon become just second nature to allow for them, and despite the high entry price for any cargo bike, let alone an e bike along with the accessories, there is a huge secondhand market for them and the price is reflected by this.
You do realise that the Scottish government will give interest free loans for cargo bikes and more for e cargo bikes. I think it is around three thousand for normal and around four or five for electric over three to five years. I can dig out the details if you want it. I was looking at selling the Dummy and buying a Bullitt frame and box panels which was still a couple of thousand but I could sell my Dummy and bits and pieces and use the loan for the initial purchase. It just sort of brings it into a much more affordable scenario.
There is a couple of facebook pages that are great for cycling with kids, family cycling UK, cycling with children, cargo bike kids etc and they are really good helpful communities and what I really like is they aren't like cycle sites, they are just people who love riding with their kids, so no macho testosterone, bike bling type stuff. really nice.
Anyway, glad the first foray was a success and that's it now, it just get more fun as they grow. :)

Jamie

clubby":vbbnxfx3 said:
Headed out with the wee man on our first biking adventure...
I believe there's an instructional video on hauling kids in trailers.

You should show it to your Sharron.

Can't remember its name but it's by a bloke called Danny something... :)

epicyclo":3hcc62ey said:
clubby":3hcc62ey said:
Headed out with the wee man on our first biking adventure...
I believe there's an instructional video on hauling kids in trailers.

You should show it to your Sharron.

Can't remember its name but it's by a bloke called Danny something... :)

It’s ok, one of mates “kindly” sent her a link to that months ago.

Cheers for the info Jamie. I think for us though, the separate bike and trailer are a better option. Not needing to regularly carry large amounts of extra kit, and the trailer has a pretty decent boot on it. More than enough space for stuff for a day at the beach.
Plus, the seat can all be unclipped and the trailer used purely for cargo. Pretty happy with it so far.

Re:

You'd better be careful Clubby, or Rob will be asking to ride in the trailer next time there's a ride :LOL:

Re: Re:

jimo746":2zg8w9el said:
You'd better be careful Clubby, or Rob will be asking to ride in the trailer next time there's a ride :LOL:

Could be worse. It could be Keith. :shock:

Re:

New bearings to wheels, seatpost, saddle, tour ride 28 tyres, pedals (stop gap out of box of bits till nice alloy ones come).

My value thorn ready to go.

Attachments

• F4ED2EB8-86D4-4308-8B16-BD83E6B2F23A.jpeg
    F4ED2EB8-86D4-4308-8B16-BD83E6B2F23A.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 203
Re: Re:

Jamiedyer":vj8nsz8h said:
That is really nice Mr Mac.
Looks a good comfortable mile muncher :)

Jamie

Is exactly what I was aiming for... was a replacement for an old heap of a 531 bike I had years ago. Wanted lighting, relaxed geometery, and comfortable... when the Audax came up for a very low price. Tyres were free, saddle and post was under £30.

So under £200 for a hand built 725 frame with relaxed lines and a brooks saddle.... still to re-tape bars but will compare the bars to other ones I have for width and weight once I get used to bike and do the finishing off then. Also want to be able to take odd gravel/smoother foest track so may opt for the 32 tour ride over 28’s I have now. Not gonna buy mudgaurds till i settle on tyre width.

Next job is fitting a bar to tow wee lass :)

Back