Show us what you did today, thread

Our ride on the GGW started in the haar, and it didn't clear until we had climbed about 900 feet.

But there were compensations. Stopped up Abriachan at Rory's cafe for a feed.

Yup, that's the cafe.

Lashings of good food.

And, yes the lad holding my bike is on a trike. Awesome rider.

Then from there a longish road section so we could hurtle down Abriachan.

I learned one thing. If you take a mtb geared singlespeed on the road with bikes with road gearing, then a cycling term for the equivalent of valve bounce is needed... :)

Great day out, and my legs got more of a workout than intended.

How braw was that? First time on a fatty on the sand...

ORG_DSC01925.JPG

ORG_DSC01926.JPG

ORG_DSC01930.JPG

ORG_DSC01934.JPG

Looks a great one and shame I just couldn't make it this year. First one I've missed and judging by the photos it was a good weekend.
Would have been good to catch up with you guys as well.

Jamie

Excellent day out chasing enduro dreams up Dunkeld with ZZ.
Plenty of climbing by bike and by foot, and some scary arse descents. May need new short liners.
Nothing left in legs by the end. Good coffee and cake to finish, but did manage to spill half my latte into my helmet :facepalm:

Top of Cairn to Cottage

Dunkeld by Steven Clubb, on Flickr

Atlas holding up the world

Someone's been practicing their Instagram pose.

I'm only smiling in the last picture because we're about to ride a descent I can actually mostly ride!

Great day out, but put paid to any notions that I could ever ride an Enduro up there. A tale of 3 descents...

Rocking Roll (2nd picture), steep, some very tricky corners that I could never ride, but I think with a few runs and some flat pedals on a good dry day (like today) I could deal with maybe three quarters of it.

Plan B / Cairn to Cottage is just stupid steep, rocky and rooty, mostly all at the same time. I really have no idea how anyone rides the top section down from the cliff - I walked all of the steep stuff, bottle definitely gone. The videos on Youtube make it look like a nothing descent, but it really isn't.

Rake and Ruin (3rd picture) is a monster climb, but definitely the most accessible of the 3 descents we did. This was my second ride down it, and it really is worth the trip... Steep at the top but not too twisty or rocky, so rideable if you commit and just let the bike do it's thing. One drop off that is actually rollable even if it doesn't look like it (and one day I may actually ride it), and then it calms down into a lovely middle section of flowing trail down towards the A9, fairly loose with a lot of stones and boulders, ending with some rooty, fast traditional woodland singletrack in the bottom third.

Re:

watch out Aaron, Rob has finally took the hint that Im not feckin interested and is now chasing you :mrgreen:

ps ZZ - you had yer teeth done or sumthin, thats some Donald trump set of nashers going on lol

did an ealry morning ride with Benji up at kelty yesterday, which ended up with him in minor injuries unit for a nasty cut on the eye and ear after him going OTB on the renthal run. Thats the last 2 trips to kelty that have eneded with a casualty!!

then did 14 miles around loch leven with Shona which was a grand trundle.

then did a 5k hill trail run at harren hill at night.....

Rob - buns of steel mate, buns of steel!

Back