Show us what you did today, thread

Epicyclo Wrote:
Me, I just built another wheel. With skinny spokes - the build was strange in that my usual automatic parameters weren't usable - the feel of the build was different.

Now to find out how long the wheel will last...

Hmmm......methinks that wheel might be subject to worm or fungal deterioration due to lignium alloy fatigue :?

On another wheel related subject I impulse bought a new to me set of Sun Phat Albert rims. I passed on my last set to epicyclo but when I noted a pair hanging on Edinburghs Bike Station wall for £20 in near perfect condition I could not stop myself :facepalm:
Oh well another quasi fat bike creation beckons...

Today I have mostly been picking up another project , a couple of bits for it and some spare tyres. Local bike shop had this beauty in, 1988 Marin Palisades :)

Re:

I like that, but for the love of retro, not those tyres! Heinous things, guaranteed to instantly cheapen and remove any class from any bike.

Re: Re:

kaiser":3pmnxjv2 said:
I like that, but for the love of retro, not those tyres! Heinous things, guaranteed to instantly cheapen and remove any class from any bike.

Don't worry the Panaracers are for a modern bike, the Specialized tyres on the bike are staying, lovely 2.2" jobs and still in nice condition under the dirt :D

Minifreak":51td3wvt said:
kaiser":51td3wvt said:

Don't worry the Panaracers are for a modern bike, the Specialized tyres on the bike are staying, lovely 2.2" jobs and still in nice condition under the dirt :D

Mike Muz will buy them!

The History Man":2zdmx59z said:
Minifreak":2zdmx59z said:
kaiser":2zdmx59z said:

Mike Muz will buy them!

Which ones?

Weather been rubbish up here over the weekend but I managed to fit my 'new to me' secondhand Xtracycle cargo bags along with Calebs new bars and grips. Had to dismantle the back end to slide on the bags but all went together nicely. A few rides between showers to adjust the boys bars and all was good. Set up now so that it's a lot easier to load the tent and sleeping bags etc. We also have a small coolbox that straps onto the back of the platform.
New wheel build is next in line but that can wait for now.

Jamie

DSC_1732 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3998 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3997 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

kaiser":3flq7rzf said:

:p

My Cinder Cone on recce trip for the infamous Blackmount/Glen Etive Bothy Weekend :xmas-big-grin:

Back