Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

Been down south today, well, Edinburgh at least. Dropped daughter and Mrs at Napier Uni for an open day, then headed to the Pentland hills for a couple of hours riding. I'd downloaded the route Velo took us on last May so followed most of that on my Garmin. Weather wasn't as nice as last year, overcast with some drizzle, but the trails were fairly dry. I took the Zaskar I'd put together for the Mrs, it's a bit on the small side for me, but rode really well :)
We then headed into Edinburgh just as the sun came out, paid a visit to the National Museum Of Scotland (which had a few cool/old bicycles), then had some nice food at a small Spanish restaurant before heading back to Aberdeen for Beer and a movie. Not a bad day :D

Attachments

• 20170401_125750-800x450.jpg
    20170401_125750-800x450.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 455
  • 20170401_125828-800x450.jpg
    20170401_125828-800x450.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 455
Re:

Best of the weather was in the east where I was near Gifford in Yester Woods. Not on my bike but walking, though I reckon the Yester estate has a lot of potential with narrow paths, possibly bike trails created by the locals, snaking off away from the main paths. Muddy as f**k though so better wait for a dry week. However I visited the Goblin Hall, a large vaulted medieval room underground beneath a ruined castle deep in the woods, very Tolkein :cool:

Pentland's though are usually pretty good fun so I am glad you enjoyed revisiting the trails I showed you :D

Got a bit of a soaking yesterday on the Mercian when I rode into town to get some bearings for a wheel rebuild. beautiful and sunny when I left only for the rain to envelope the whole county and come down hard. Stayed in for most of the afternoon as well.
Today though, started quite wet once again so I settled in to watch the Tour of Flanders, thought I would watch the start and then go for a ride, come back and watch the end. That plan went out the window as things heated up and it was clear that the Dyer houses favourites, Tom Boonen and Philippe Gilbert were working together near the front and were soon in the break. So after a mammoth couple of hours watching the race live and cheering Gilberts win I thought I better get my backside out and put a few miles in. So circular route was devised and the Merckx was readied, seen as it was Tour of Flanders and it is after all, my Sunday best :) . Sun was out and it was a lovely couple of hours out just riding for the enjoyment of just riding, great way to close a nice afternoon. Merckx was it's usual flawless self.
Hope everyone else had a nice Sunday and hopefully managed a ride.

Jamie

DSCN3636 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3644 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3639 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Look Ma' no hands ;)
DSCN3640 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3642 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3650 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3652 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3660 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Sharron had fancied going to the Kelpies for a while, so we borrowed my nieces bike for her and headed down to Falkirk for a poodle about. Had ride out to the Helix park then headed round part of the Hartt circular route. Stopped at Callendar park and took a short cut back to the car, but a nice morning out.

Need to harass ZZ and Dynacol to get a local knowledge ride sorted.

Kelpies day out by Steven Clubb, on Flickr

Untitled by Steven Clubb, on Flickr

Latest posts

Back