Should I buy an On-One?

So don't! Just get something cheap. Unless it's a custom frame and/or your dream, I can't for the life of me see why anyone would ever want to buy a new frame, not when there's so many secondhand ones around that are equally good if not better and sometimes go for laughably small amounts of money.

NO - Brant is a twunt (thats my considered opinion base don how he treated his girlfriend when I knew them in the early 90s)

Yes- I love mine :cool: great frames for the money and get some mary bars too while you are at it.

WTF has girlfriends got to do with anything :?

Brant is a twunt (thats my considered opinion base don how he treated his girlfriend when I knew them in the early 90s)

im intrigued , can you elaborate further ? ive been looking at his new stuff with an eager eye and im the kind of person that would avoid buying something if it was from a morally questionable source

They are cheap and cheerful.. The welding is fine but they are made out of old gas pipes and weigh a ton! Mine rides really nicely though, although not as well as my 08 Prestige - but that frame is in a different league.

On a side note, I picked up a Ti 456 frame (not bought, just literally held it) at Bike Radar Live at the weekend and it weighed nothing. The build quality was lovely. Soo tempting.. but I couldn't possibly sell another kidney... could I?

perry":3ly4of4w said:
Brant is a twunt (thats my considered opinion base don how he treated his girlfriend when I knew them in the early 90s)

im intrigued , can you elaborate further ? ive been looking at his new stuff with an eager eye and im the kind of person that would avoid buying something if it was from a morally questionable source

Well... He appeared to treat her with contempt and a total lack of respect. He also appeared to be actively working to destroy her business, almost like he felt threatened by her independence.

Of course, as they say in the US car adverts, your mileage may vary.

nah , if a guy was having stuff made in the east and was a decent bloke then id rather buy that stuff than the guy whos a twat having stuff made in the east :LOL:

The thing that annoys me about them is the fact that they try to convince everyone they're some little company in Doncaster (everything built in Brant's shed etc) but they've got the same business model as every other "mainstream" bike company.

Back