Should I be shitting myself? Syria

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should had happened years ago. Now its like in Iraq 15 years ago - senseless reacting and far too late to cause any good.

What i've seen. The 'Enemy' will carry on as before. What a waste of time and money. Shot down 70+ of 100+ missiles sent. Pretty good figures. I saw one landed in a field. And one hit an empty building. Money well spent on all this tech. How much of this would have been better spent on the NHS? But then we don't look tough then.

$1,141,000 USD per Tomahawk missile and we are told they fired 105 in total.

$119,805,000 worth of bombs for peace.

shogun":75ninmd8 said:
$1,141,000 USD per Tomahawk missile and we are told they fired 105 in total.

$119,805,000 worth of bombs for peace.

Always plenty of ‘spare cash’ for this, when so many people cant get enough to eat, clean water or medical care. Its a sad sick world and it will never change.

In answer to the original question: No, but stocking up on spare underwear might be a good idea! Or if you're the more mercenary type, now might be a good time to consider investing in shares in underwear manufacturers.

Seriously though, surely the key question is what is the bigger risk: A military response to the use of chemical weapons OR the lack of a response to the use of chemical weapons?

The former, especially considering Syria hasn't used them and doesn't have any.

America knows that, of course, having been the ones Syria delivered them to for destruction four years ago. They were afraid that destroying those chemicals on land would've been too dangerous if anything happened, so the US Navy took them out to sea.

Now suddenly it's okay to just lob a few missiles at buildings in the middle of a densely populated city, releasing god knows what into the air, and that won't cause any harm to the people living there? Is that the logic?

The hague organization for the prohibition of chemical weapons (OPCW) supervised the destruction of all syrian chemical weapons factories and stockpiles four years ago and certified the place free and clear.

Now in response to the allegations Syria has somehow regained chemical weapons, the OPCW went back to Syria. They were going to begin another investigation, but the air strikes were timed to happen 4AM the night before.

Now if the OPCW, the people who's job it is to discover chemical weapons stores & factories, haven't done that yet, how does the USA know where they are? Mystic Meg's premium rate hotline? We already know one of the buildings targeted in the strike was the OPCW's temporary base of operations in a snake venom antidote factory!

They must think we're stupid.

I think it's about equally ridiculous to say Syria has no chemical weapons, as it is to say America and the UK orchestrated the alleged Douma CW attack as a false flag, really.

I'm also completely unconvinced by the suggestions that nothing happened, and Jaysh al-Islam just decided of their own free-will to communicate with Syrian and Russians forces to broker a withdrawl in the immediate aftermath of a CW attack being alleged.

It's a very murky mess. Regardless the one thing that is prima facie clear is that continually battering the regime's resources isn't doing the people of Syria any favours.

You know what they said on the news, here in Australia, in the aftermath?
'Oil prices down, Gold prices up in the wake of instability in the Middle East'

Hmmm. Who could possibly benefit from lower oil prices and, say, an increase in value across huge gold stocks? :roll: :facepalm:

Alison":fhxm9ys3 said:
Should I be shitting myself?

If you went for dinner at the Skripal residence recently then probably, yes.

Don't worry, it wears off eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back