Shocking death. Scottish mtb champ

real shame (as any death of someone so young is), I really feel for those left behind too.

It's a shame this is pretty much the only time MTB gets on the BBC website. Even though we have lots of champions and quality riders out there over the years.

You just have to look at the way the article reported it. Not that newly crowned Scottish champion mtber dies, but Olympian tries to save dying partner. Makes me angry/sad in varying amounts. Three paragraphs in until his achievements even acknowledged.

Horrible time for his family and friends. Can’t imagine their shock and grief.

Had just been watching an interview with him on BBC Scotland on Monday night. Couple of podcasts with him in my current to play list. Given they’re about his hopes and plans, not sure how I feel about listening to them now.

A big loss to the Scottish scene.

You just have to look at the way the article reported it. Not that newly crowned Scottish champion mtber dies, but Olympian tries to save dying partner. Makes me angry/sad in varying amounts. Three paragraphs in until his achievements even acknowledged.

Horrible time for his family and friends. Can’t imagine their shock and grief.

Had just been watching an interview with him on BBC Scotland on Monday night. Couple of podcasts with him in my current to play list. Given they’re about his hopes and plans, not sure how I feel about listening to them now.

A big loss to the Scottish scene.
To be fair, that was the second published story, the first was about him and his achievements.

Last edited:
Tragic it really is.
Another example of someone in peak condition dying far too young. In the last 18months there has been a dramatic rise in excess deaths in 25-44 year olds. And a high percentage elite athletes

Back