Cyclists who kill

Reviewing applicable laws might be a good thing but appeasing Daily Mail readers is another matter. (@tintin40 I'm not suggesting that you are a Daily Mail reader, BTW.)
Oh! I read the Daily Mail every day, but only for entertainment value. When I want reliable news I go to thegatewaypundit, breitbart, and theepochtimes 🤣

The link should work now.
Looks like he's been tailoring his words and sentiments to different demographics. He knows what Daily Mail readers are like when it comes to cyclists, so he gave them a whole load of extreme anti-cyclist guff. As an aside, pretty much the entire Tory front bench seem fairly useless and talentless, and I wouldn't be sorry or surprised if they all lost their seats at the next election.

Questionable you say 🤨

We're all gonna be wearing race numbers....but not racing! Spoilsports 😆
Yes, only 'questionable'. In the Mail's quote, he says imposing speed limits on cyclists raises a question: 'That obviously does then lead you into the question of "well, how are you going to recognise the cyclist, do you need registration plates and insurance and that sort of thing?'" In the quote in The Times, he seems to be giving his personal view on that question: 'I'm not attracted to the bureaucracy of registration plates. That would go too far.' As @hookooekoo says, he is probably tailoring his responses to different demographics, but avoiding explicit inconsistency through his wording.

Yes, only 'questionable'. In the Mail's quote, he says imposing speed limits on cyclists raises a question: 'That obviously does then lead you into the question of "well, how are you going to recognise the cyclist, do you need registration plates and insurance and that sort of thing?'" In the quote in The Times, he seems to be giving his personal view on that question: 'I'm not attracted to the bureaucracy of registration plates. That would go too far.' As @hookooekoo says, he is probably tailoring his responses to different demographics, but avoiding explicit inconsistency through his wording.
Yeah....bit like sunshine sunaks speach in royal Tunbridge Wells the other day....very tailored....surely he didn't actually mean what he said 😆

They're all desperately trying to climb the greasy pole, saying whatever they think will further themselves. It works, up to a point, provided the public don't dig too deep, and compare and contrast what has been said to different demographics.

Some shocking film
Have you seen the Brazilian clip where the cyclist goes under an HGV's wheel? I can't post it here as it's far too shocking and disturbing, that clip pretty much persuaded me to avoid roads whenever possible. I cut across parks, nip down alleyway, take footpaths, tracks and pavements wherever possible.

I still use roads and streets but not when it's busy, the standard of driving, like much else, has plummeted over recent years, I'm forever seeing people on their phones, no end of near misses. I'm a car driver but I'm gradually learning to despise many motorists and our roads are simply unable to cope with the insane volume.

For me they need to look at introducing some kind of system where single occupancy cars are taken out of the equation, at least during rush hour, you see some half sharp Doris checking her make up in her 4x4, I mean come on, what the hell is that all about? ******* walk you lazy bint.

Have you seen the Brazilian clip where the cyclist goes under an HGV's wheel? I can't post it here as it's far too shocking and disturbing, that clip pretty much persuaded me to avoid roads whenever possible. I cut across parks, nip down alleyway, take footpaths, tracks and pavements wherever possible.
Yet you're more likely to die while walking in public than riding a bicycle on the road. Avoiding one activity because of a perception of risk, while blithely participating daily in an even riskier activity seems rather odd.

Back