Shiply courier has stolen my bike

What’s the couriers business name who collected it? Any idea from what area ?

Maybe a member on here can be for a cheeky look around

What’s the couriers business name who collected it? Any idea from what area ?

Maybe a member on here can be for a cheeky look around

op said it was Best_Drop_Delivery, have asked if they have contacted them, as that is the obvious thing to do, their contact details are on their site, and like i said, most couriers will give the mobile number of the actual courier so you can contact them direct, but op did not respond, hopefully sorting it as the longer these things go on the harder they become. Though personally still think it will turn up.

I agree. I reckon it'll turn up. The guy could have covid and be completely out of action. Best_Drop_Delivery are probably a one man band. Pretty crappy of shiply to abdicate any responsibility though.

The amount of crap the missus orders online - I reckon I have seen it all. Couriers report dropping stuff off when they haven't (it always turns up a day or so later). Stuff not for us being dropped off, and then picked up a few days later once mistake realised. Stuff missing. Couriers getting lost and turning up six hours after they were supposed to. People off sick and getting their clueless mate to deliver it.

The vast majority of couriers are decent people working hard to earn a wedge.

Last edited:
I agree. I reckon it'll turn up. The guy could have covid and be completely out of action. Best_Drop_Delivery are probably a one man band. Pretty crappy of shiply to abdicate any responsibility though.

The amount of crap the missus orders online - I reckon I have seen it all. Couriers report dropping stuff off when they haven't (it always turns up a day or so later). Stuff not for us being dropped off, and then picked up a few days later once mistake realised. Stuff missing. Couriers getting lost and turning up six hours after they were supposed to. People off sick and getting their clueless mate to deliver it.

The vast majority of couriers are decent people working hard to earn a wedge.

Yep, agree, there are many reasons it could have been delayed, more so in the current crazy times.

Also from what i am aware of shiply is not a courier company, merely a comparison site and hub for independent couriers to source work. Similar to insurance quote companies, so to expect them to take any liability for others is akin to blaming gocompare or a certain well known, but recently quiet Meerkat for your insurer not being helpful after an accident.

Shiplys front page even says that the prices are cheaper because they use couriers that collect on route to other jobs, ie fill the van up before making journies to save on fuel costs etc, i have used one myself for a delivery in the past and had to wait weeks until the courier had other items they were delivering in my area, obviously bigger courier companies will have more drivers that operate in certain areas, but if like above it is a one man band then it could be weeks before it becomes viable for them to travel to the area. One thing i did do when i used one was check on the storage they offer while the van is waiting to get filled, the couriers own insurance usually covers most things as they have to have high insurance, again, something i would be chasing up with the actual courier not a compare site who will have no details beyond the company name etc.

Surprise surprise after the threat of the police and shiply cancelling their account and some awful feedback it finally turned up . A man rang and said that he was picking up the pieces after a company he subbed the work too had taken peoples money that they had paid up front and done a runner to Romania . Unfortunately for him I had a photo of the collection and it was the same bloke that picked it up that dropped it off so I didn’t believe that story .

Back