Shiply courier has stolen my bike

Was it not boxed?

Looks like a bit of cardboard is strapped to the a fullly built bike?

I’m guessing Shiply sun contract it out to any person with a van. Surely your contract is with Shiply and they should be doing the legwork on finding the driver. Was it insured accordingly ?

I still find it hard to believe that someone would go to the hassle of stealing a fairly cheap (no offence but it’s no Klein mc1) bike when the courier has their details. Maybe the driver has been taken Ill, or something else preventing delivery.

The tyres will be the easy item to spot if split.

Looks like a multi collect and drop courier, they usually wait until they have a van full of items before traveling to deliver, can sometimes take them a while to fill a van from there area with deliveries traveling in your direction. Hopefully it is still on the van and intended for delivery.

What have Best_Drop_Delivery said? it is them i would be in contact with and usually they will provide you with the drivers number.

Was it not boxed?

Looks like a bit of cardboard is strapped to the a fullly built bike?

I’m guessing Shiply sun contract it out to any person with a van. Surely your contract is with Shiply and they should be doing the legwork on finding the driver. Was it insured accordingly ?

I still find it hard to believe that someone would go to the hassle of stealing a fairly cheap (no offence but it’s no Klein mc1) bike when the courier has their details. Maybe the driver has been taken Ill, or something else preventing delivery.

The tyres will be the easy item to spot if split.
It was assembled and the frame was wrapped . Yes very strange that someone would steal a bike that’s not worth a lot . The insurance is with the courier company not shiply . I understand that it’s not shiply at fault but they are pretty much saying on the phone that that can’t do much apart from give the police the details and strike the company off . I have used shiply service a few times before and the companies that did the deliveries were decent hence why I used the website again .
I have recommended them to lots of my customers in the past to collect the parts we remove from the cars when upgrading them .
It is disappointing that shiply aren’t doing more to assist me getting my money back and I will definitely not be recommending them again

I'm still pretty optimistic that this bike will turn up, master crims don't tend to leave their deets with the folks they intend to steal from.. i've used Shipley a few times, sometimes it reputable couriers and sometimes it's just a dude in van.. you're given the choice when they bid for your custom.. the more you pay, the better service you tend to receive. As mentioned above they spend a few days filling up the van before nailing all the deliveries in one day, it's how they make it so damn cost effective. Bikes don't need to be boxed or even labeled, they're just covered in a blanket and strapped into the van.

If you phone the police, i doubt they're going to actively investigate this, when my bikes were stolen they couldn't give less of a shit and they were worth 10x more than that GT.. i spent nearly an hour on the phone to report it and was just given a crime number to claim on my insurance which i didn't have.. If it makes you feel any better i've just checked my last Shipley delivery (a mid-century lounge chair) it was picked up in London on the 22nd of Jan and delivered to me in Sheff on the 26th.. he was called Craigz Couriers.. i even went against my better judgement of using someone who replaces 's with z and it still turned out fine...;)

Back