Shifter help

benslingsby_

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,
I’ve just bought a Specialized rockhopper which I believe has shimano STX RC derailleurs (although I’m not 100% sure, I’m guessing this off common derailleurs of the time). It currently has SRAM grip shifts which I want to replace with triggers. Can anyone tell
me what trigger shifters to get that’ll be compatible with the derailleur and also pointers how to fit them.
Many thanks,
Ben

Re:

If its a shimano mech, you just need some shifters to match the number of cogs you have out the back. The stx mech will work with anything up to 9 speed but was released as an 8 speed group if memory serves

Re: Re:

ishaw":26qp21jh said:
If its a shimano mech, you just need some shifters to match the number of cogs you have out the back. The stx mech will work with anything up to 9 speed but was released as an 8 speed group if memory serves

Hi, some really useful information there thanks a lot.
Sorry to keep bothering you but would these shifters and brakes levers work with my set up. (Its got v-brakes)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-SL-M ... %3A2334524
Cheers,
Ben
(Sorry for long link)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

If you just want cheap shifters I’ve also got sun race m50 8!speed shifters for £10 posted.

Back